So... Whats your hobby?

EMTDenny

I play video games on my computer. I love outdoor activities...hiking, camping, biking. Love photography and I have recently gotten into model building (my first big project is a WWII ambulance!)

I have recently gotten into model building (my first big project is a WWII ambulance!)

Call it 1950s perspective, but model building? Well, it has become a new age from 1970, so go for it, girl. Considering, an ambulance? For any of us on EMT City, seems both excellent and obvious choice.

I built a model of a steam pumper from San Francisco once, it was supposed to be a working model, in that it had fuel pellets and a tiny whistle. I'm a "if it fits, that's how it works" type of guy, I like to kit bash. I kit bash in real life, I take a box of shit, and use it to make other things do what they're not supposed to. Anyhoo, I thought I could make it pump, yeah, that didn't happen. I became familiar with WaterJel, though.

... truck driving, redneck-music blaring out of the radio while chewing bits of tobacco... ;)

That one is mine mi amigo.

kiwi redneck=redwi :clown:

Has anyone ever thought about buying a type 3 and turning it into a tailgating center

I love going out and Target shooting, or just going hunting, but my biggest hobbies is playing video games I am addicted to call of duty LOL I know I'm still a nerd...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I know you have kids and probably a amazing husband but would you marry me :P

... truck driving, redneck-music blaring out of the radio while chewing bits of tobacco... ;)

I'm down on the truck driving and redneck music blaring but chewing tobacco gives you oral and esophageal cancer

Cancer is bad ju ju

I'm not hip on dip. Heh.. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. HA! I kill me. I was on a wilderness search in my classical fashion faux pas summer search outfit.. Blue helmet, yellow brush fire shirt, cargo shorts, high wool socks and lumberman boots; splattered with black mud. Really, it looked clutch when I was on the news in a camera pan as our two man ATV crew found the person that was lost. Here was a person with possible mental deficiencies, in a 62,000 acre natural area with miles of unmarked trails. Could have been anywhere. I should have taken a camera, b/c we drove about 12 miles, in an open 6x6 on railroad grades through a late 19th century lumber empire...and white gold empire. Ice. Ice harvesting was a big business pre-refrigeration. Anyhoo, despite smelling like AXE and Off, b/c SAR tends to make you stink and attract stinging insects. The search dogs don't really seem to mind that. But smoking is a no-no. Esp in the woods in dry conditions. Now if you're out of the K-9 grid search area, and near a stream, knock yourself out. But I didn't have the option, so the guy driving the ranger says, Dip? Sure why not. I don't think I made it ten minutes before I was literally vomiting. Taste was weird, kinda made my lip sting, way too much nicotine. Yuck.

Has anyone ever thought about buying a type 3 and turning it into a tailgating center

Make it a type 1, then the answer is Yes. Some Giants Football fans did. I've already complained to several strings, and publications, that this converted ambulance still has working lights and sirens.See JEMS link http://www.jems.com/video/news/ny-giants-fans-turn-ambulance-fanbulance

Then, there's apparently a type 3 "Fanbulance" with the Dallas Cowboys, and the Atlanta Hawks. They also have working forward facing Red Emergency Lights and Sirens.

My protest is, these are vehicles that can fool people,at distance on public roadways, into thinking they are still in use as Emergency Vehicles. Why are they not being ticketed for the forward facing red lights? My POV was an authorized "Ambulance Emergency Service Vehicle" with my Volunteer Ambulance Corps (read that as a "First Response" vehicle, title can be extended to departmental supervisor's car/truck), with a red beacon, and I got ticketed (ticket tossed out in court), so, again, why are these people NOT being ticketed by the LEOs?

I wouldn't complain if they changed the lenses to amber, or removed entirely, but the way they appear? OMG! Then, there's that beer distributer uses a repainted ambulance, with the "Star of Life" redone as a fancy beer stein? Again, OMG!

I am going to learn a new language this year; I am already fluent in English, Kiwi-speak, Redneck-speak, Aviation-speak and Medical-speak

Unfortunately none of the last four are considered applicable for "do you speak another language?" - curses!

I'm deciding between Mandarin Chinese (for practical use, lots of Asians around the place) and German (personal interest/ancestry/efficiency gains during Blitzkrieg ze Kiwi)

Make it a type 1, then the answer is Yes. Some Giants Football fans did. I've already complained to several strings, and publications, that this converted ambulance still has working lights and sirens.See JEMS link http://www.jems.com/...ance-fanbulance

Then, there's apparently a type 3 "Fanbulance" with the Dallas Cowboys, and the Atlanta Hawks. They also have working forward facing Red Emergency Lights and Sirens.

My protest is, these are vehicles that can fool people,at distance on public roadways, into thinking they are still in use as Emergency Vehicles. Why are they not being ticketed for the forward facing red lights? My POV was an authorized "Ambulance Emergency Service Vehicle" with my Volunteer Ambulance Corps (read that as a "First Response" vehicle, title can be extended to departmental supervisor's car/truck), with a red beacon, and I got ticketed (ticket tossed out in court), so, again, why are these people NOT being ticketed by the LEOs?

I wouldn't complain if they changed the lenses to amber, or removed entirely, but the way they appear? OMG! Then, there's that beer distributer uses a repainted ambulance, with the "Star of Life" redone as a fancy beer stein? Again, OMG!

Ever see that fire truck, I think it's blue painted with "Colts" stuff on it. It has build in grills and a kegerator in the hose bed, beer taps on the pump panel. I forget where I seen it.