Impaled by fence

DesertEMT

runswithneedles - Don't be so quick to take one person's word for it.

Indeed 2 large bore I.V's are indicated here and i'll tell you why.

1) The need for massive fluid infusion (yes... 2 i.v's wide open to maintain peripheral pulses OR systolic 80-90 OR my favorite a MAP of 60-65.

2) CYA.... what if 1 comes out when the patient crashes?

3) Med administration concurrent with blood products

Of course, as always I work remote 911 so I may practice a little different.

Heres my question. What would the all knowing people making the NREMT-P test want me to do. I fully understand field is different from test. But I dont want to put down a field answer when they want a book answer.

Perfect answer...

Not to be too big of an ass, but OP if we could get back to the scenario instead of centering yet another thread around kiwi and australian speech antics I would be very appreciative.

So we have a stable patient being transported on thier Left side, with pain controlled and 2X I.V. fluid restricted.

Is that the end?

Yes this basically would be the end, the hospital is about 8 minutes out (oh the joy of living in a large city with many hospitals) and the vitals remained relatively stable.

I know this scenario was fairly simple but it really was for my benefit in trying to better understand how to work trauma scenarios. Thank you guys for taking the time to do this, I definitely learned some new things and I've got another scenario in my mind that I may post later today once I've worked it all out in my head.

Edited by DesertEMT

Heres my question. What would the all knowing people making the NREMT-P test want me to do. I fully understand field is different from test. But I dont want to put down a field answer when they want a book answer.

They would want you to make sure that BSI/scene is safe, verify ABCs, put on O2, stabilize the post, load your patient, do a full trauma assessment, mitigate any major bleeding, start your IVs, and call in flight.