hi from the Uk

mikemedic999

Oxygen

..... thats it, in some areas they can contact medical control physician to "assist" with salbutamol and GTN

Likewise I am curious to see what medications could the old IHCD Technician give?

You know I know there was an IHCD Module J which was the last part of the Paramedic Award, shucks, should have been extended to include a Module K, we all know how important a dose of Kiwi in prehospital medicine is :D

EMT_B are allowed to administer or assist the patient with 5 medications but do not always carry them on the truck in d

1. Oxygen

2. ASA

3. Glucose

4. Nitro

5. Activated Charcoal

Some can assist with Epi-Pen and the ones you mentioned

Im mike (hence the name),based with an ambulance service in the uk.thought it was about tine i joined as ive been watching here a while.

Im trained as an EMT-A but only registered with the NAEMT.im looking at coming over to the USA sometime,for maybe a month to work.any advice,hints etc please let me know

Cheers mike

You may find it more difficult than you think to get certified in the USA. I am posting a link to a previous post that describes my experience in getting my NREMT certification in the USA.

http://www.emtcity.c...post__p__274844

Cheers

Edited by DFIB

The problem you will run into is that every state is different in what they allow thier basics to do. Some states have EMT-Basic. EMT-Intemediate, EMT- Advanced Intermediate, EMT-Critical Care, and EMT- Paramedic, with various certs in between those. What one state will allow the next one wont. AND they dont all carry the same drugs.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.