Paramedic Wanted for school interview!

dhollman

I am working on a project for school where i have to interview someone in the career field that i would like to go into. Well i had a hard time finding a paramedic to interview so i would truely be thankful if anyone would like to answer 12 simples for me. Please and thank!!! It would be greatly appreciated :)

I am working on a project for school where i have to interview someone in the career field that i would like to go into. Well i had a hard time finding a paramedic to interview so i would truely be thankful if anyone would like to answer 12 simples for me. Please and thank!!! It would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome!

I do find it hard to believe that you cannot find a "real live" medic to interview. Depending on where you live there should be at least a service to talk to. It might help if you have a letter from your school explaining your purpose.

If you post the questions several of the regular posters might give you a hand. Explain your purpose explicitly, beyond what you already have, for asking the questions and what you plan to do with the answers just so we feel confident that we can answer in confidence. I am not a medic but if you really want to become a medic, I am almost sure you will find help here.

I can say that if you do become a medic you will be writing a lot of PCRs (Patient Care Reports) so you will need to brush up on your grammar and punctuation to be considered a professional in the field.

Edit : There you go, BoCat9 will help you!

Edited by DFIB

Round these parts, if we want to talk to a paramedic, you dial 911. If you want to get them to come REAL fast, tell them your chest hurts. At least that's what they do in Detroit.

Seriously, look up your local volunteer service and/or private company. Call them and ask if you can interview someone. If you're not comfortable talking to strangers, I can tell you right now that EMS is not your brand of career.

You could do this. And you'll get your paper written.

But have you considered simply calling up a college that trains paramedics, and seeing if they can put you in touch with someone over the phone, or for a sit down with coffee? I'm sure lots of people here can give you an idea about what it's like to be a medic. And while I'm guessing that the core aspects of the job are the same, things like working conditions, pay, retirement, benefits, hiring prospects, promotions, etc. vary a lot from location to location.

If you contact someone local, you might get a good look at the inside of a paramedic program you'd be interested in taking one day, or meet a mentor. It might also lead to employment opportunities. Perhaps you could get a ride-along somewhere?

Just a thought.

Where I am at, geographically and geopolitically, one has to be trained as an EMT before proceeding on to Paramedic training. As an EMT of 38 years experience, I'm willing to answer some questions to the best of my ability, and will advise when a question is outside my purview, due to "Scope of Practice".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.