Fireman Hitler has to 'ride the box' today..

DwayneEMTP

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to anyone that can understand what he's actually saying....I didn't think to take that into account...

None, taken. Just hard to concentrate on the subtitles if you`re understanding the language and the text is not the same as the written.

Speaking of which, I have to go to cultural awareness training!! Can you believe that??

I was addressing the fact that most of the patients here, Papuans/Morobians/Islanders, are relatively hypertensive. I said, "I have a feeling that the cause of this is going to turn out to be relative dehydration, but we should try and identify it as hypertension is a more significant risk factor in the black population."

My supervisor said, "Ohhhh....we don't use 'black' here, we say 'locals'." I said, "But I wasn't referring to the local population, but the the global population of blacks that share this trait. What term should I use when race specific issues need to be addressed?" He said, "I don't know, but just don't say black." and then friggin' scheduled me for cultural sensitivity training....

I don't know who is more sensitive than I am.. I go barefoot and talk about 'energy' and crap like that...that should speak for itself I think....

I was warned in US not say "mega" because it sounds like I was saying "nigger" ... cultural sensitivity training for people with accent :D

As if there's a snowballs chance in hell of your ever being sensitive to anything....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.