Narcotic Pouches

heerspinkb

Hi there,

I am looking for recommendations for narcotic pouches.

We have had good success with Firetech's (14) vial pouch, however we have are just about to add fentanyl, etomidate and it looks like ketamine is in the near future.

Our fentanyl will be supplied in a 5ml volume and the etomidate will be 10ml.

Any suggestions or feedback would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Brett H.

I'm not sure who makes our hip pouch but it's not too dissimilar from the one you mention

Paramedics carry fentanyl 2x 100mcg and 4x morphine 10mg/1ml and an Intensive Care Paramedic also have 2x ketamine 200mg/2ml

Midazolam, suxamethonium and vecuronium are carried in our standard drug roll-up

I'm not sure who makes our hip pouch but it's not too dissimilar from the one you mention

Paramedics carry fentanyl 2x 100mcg and 4x morphine 10mg/1ml and an Intensive Care Paramedic also have 2x ketamine 200mg/2ml

Midazolam, suxamethonium and vecuronium are carried in our standard drug roll-up

Kiwi, thanks for the info.

We don't carry narcotics on our person. They are behind a double lock, meaning they are locked in a box which is locked in a cabinet as per law. The keys are kept on our person while on shift and locked in a box in station when nobody is using the ambulance.

I have never given morphine...and only have given valium a handfull of times. However, lately, I've been giving zofran like candy. But thats not locked up and if I absolutely needed the morphine or midaz, I send my partner back to the rig to get the narc box.

• 2 months later...

We do the same thing as Nypamedic here too. And you're right, Kiwi, that you never know when you'll need it and that it can be a hassle getting narcs on scene when you need them. That extra work is just one of those excuses people use to not treat pain on scene (or at all).

Hi Brett, what I've moved towards is a metal cigarette container that I've placed foam inserts into the bottom and lid. I'll see if I can locate the design online or send one to you next time I'm in town.

Edit:

However, my Health Region has not chosen to follow through with the new MFI protocol to date so I'm not sure if a 10 ml Etomodate will actually fit, Im pretty sure it will though...I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by Arctickat

We have ours made at a custom shop here in town. We secure them behind a small gun safe ( www.gunvault.com) until needed, in wich wehave no problem taking them into the scene with us.

We keep Versed, Dilaudid, Morphine, Fentanyl, Valium..and soon..ketamine... in the pouch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.