An off topic of internet parenting

Happiness

I will warn you this video is very graffic and some of the scenes are pretty disturbing. As I said in the parenting thread we dont always know what has happened previously to someone recording something......

Here is an example I wittnessed about two weeks ago. I was at the gas station and I saw a RCMP officer trying to talk to a person who is known for violence and severe ETOH abuse. After a few minutes of the cop being patient the guy took a swing and hit the cop in the head. Needless to say the guy hit a 6ft 6 350 lb cop and he didnt fair to well when he was having handcuffs placed on his wrists. So someone starts to video this incident but all the taping is the arrest, they weren't on the scene to witness the cop getting hit. So now if it posted anywhere on social media the public is only seeing one part of a story.

The first scene you see a man come out of a Carl's restaurant with his face covered and carrying an axe i think, he threatens a cop and gets shot 5 times. So there is an outrage of police brutality but do we know what happened in that restaurant NOPE.

We have to beware what we think is the truth if it is on the internet and remember there is normally a story before the video.........

• Like 2

This is something we should also be aware of on EMS calls. Especially in situations where the patient requires restraining. There is are worse ways to restrain people, but it's really hard for even the best restraint process to look good on video. If someone walks in half way through, it looks like a bunch of people in uniforms pushing someone around.

I can't see the vid...any chance someone can give a synopsis?

It is a amateur video compilation of policemen Rodney Kinging a bunch of perps. Some seem like justified use of force and others look a little excessive to me but like happiness mentioned, Who knows? I was not there and do not know the entire situation.

It starts off with a guy being shot after attacking police with a shovel and continues to some hard take-downs of perps that are resisting arrest. It is focused on the publics right to videotape and how some LE will try to suppress bystander video.

Many moons ago I was working the night shift at a convenience store on the wrong side of town. About 0200 a huge man began to brutally beat a woman in the parking lot. He was in a frenzy beating, and kicking this poor woman. I had just refilled the local LE officers coffee cup ( I would go out to their car and give them coffee and bearclaws) so I knew he was close and made the call.

When they arrived the enraged man started fighting them and he was forcefully restrained to say the least. The woman was transported by ambulance and the perp really needed one but got a backseat in the patrol car instead. I had the entire event on the beta recorder. Man that was a long time ago!. I promptly erased the video because I knew the cops saved that woman's life and didn't want them to have any trouble.

Edited by DFIB