What weapons are you certified in to carry.

Arff312

Since I am a full-time police officer I carry:

Glock .40 on and off-duty.

Def-Tec OC on duty. ASP Key defender on key chain off-duty

MEB on duty (department prefers Manodnock) ASP in all of my vehicles.

(I'm an ASP Instructor )

Benchmade 550 on duty. (I'm a tactical folding knife instructor)

Emerson Karambit off-duty. We practice FMA Kali-Silat in my martial arts school.

I stopped carrying a firearm on the ambulance years ago.

But on an ambulance I alway had a "rescue" knife (one of the ones listed above)

and a pair of trauma shears. Look up the karambit on the web and look at it's shape. Look how similar it is to the trauma shears.

For a side note: I never had to shoot or stab anyone on the ambulance. I have used physical force to defend myself (justifiable).

• 4 months later...
I am a flight officer / paramedic, so when I fly I carry a .40 cal and Asp baton on me. When I am working the road I also carry OC spray, AR-15 rifle and 12 gauge shotgun.

you lucky bastard. I like the AR-15 a lot, but they're illegal for us lowly civlilans in this damn state. :-P

I suppose I could get a fab-10.. at 3x the price and half the function. :(

• 3 weeks later...

You can get a California legal AR-15!!!!

Yeah, like the FAB-10? Meh, those things are lame. I don't want a neutered Kalifornia-only version. :-( They're also waaay to expensive for what you get.

But, there are other perfectly legal ways around it, which I'm working on right now - with the DOJ approval. :)

Yeah, they are issued to us by our agency.

A FAB-10?! Or an actual Colt or Rock River Arms AR-15 with a full capacity detachable magazine? :lol:

(none of this "high-capacity" mag nonsense since it's only California (maybe DC too) that limits them like that)

We are issued the Colt AR-15, semi-auto only of course.

That's what I thought. LEOs get all the fun toys! :lol:

You have to admit that some of those flash grenade things would add some spice to any paintball game... :)

Oh, hey, here's one for you. When driving to & from the range with a Glock 22. The Glock cases have nowhere to hitch a padlock to, so I've been using *two* of the cable/trigger locks. One through the firearm itself (clips & ammo are in a separate box) and the other is wrapped around the handle of the case. Both are locked.

Being a CHP officer, would you consider that to be an adequate solution, or should I get a better case that I can padlock? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.