What weapons are you certified in to carry.

Arff312

personally i ll have bottle of OC spray in my back pack during the day but i also have a Kabaton on my keys.

OC spray on the back of ambulance doesnt seem like a good idea the whole enclosed space thing doesn't do well

Also i practice Aikido as a martial art.

I live in MT if I can't carry it it's too dam heavy. Truth be told the only ones up here that are not armed are the EMT's and FF's you would be hard pressed not to enter a home that does not have weapons in them.

You can carry a weapon into any establishment unless it is a bank, government building, or a place that sells alcohol for consumption.

I carry myself, really well for the most part. I'm a paramedic, not a cop, and a darn sarcastic paramedic at that.

Considering things overall, I trust that, like me, also a somewhat sarcastic person in my own right, know when to stop that, and be respectful to the patient/family/bystanders, when the LEOs are not there, and the group is hinting nastiness on your person. Sarcasm in that type instance, might prove harmful to your health, unless you, or your partner, are Chuck Norris, Ahhhnold, Sly Stallone, or Jackie Chan. (I know I left out a bunch of someone else's favorites)

A note, here: A station mate of mine, in my presence, was deliberately antagonizing an ambulatory frequent flyer. I think he was actually trying to get this local street ETOH Abuser to throw a punch, just so he (the station mate) could beat him (the patient) up with "justification". When I have had that same abuser, I never had any problems with him, because I always show respect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.