NREMT-P Test the 31st

Hey guys I am new here and I have been a Emt-Iv for 2 yrs and just finished medic school. Whelp, I take my dreaded test Tuesday the 31st. I havent been stressing till now. Any pointers would be great to send my way and would be greatly appreciated.

Relax. Take a deep breath. If you dont know the material by now, you won't know it for the test. The NR tests at the minimum level required. Lots of people start the test, get to 80 or so questions and it shuts down and they panic, thinking that they have failed. Not the case. The first questions are a grab bag and if you get X amount right the test assumes that you will get more right and so shuts down. OR, it will shut down because you have gotten ALOt WRONG, as is the case on another thread here.

When it shuts down, dont panic, it's just the way its designed. :)

Just remember; when the shit hits the fan, you'll fall back on your training. Be confident in yourself and your answers. Get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, leave yourself plenty of travel time. Just try to avoid any outside stress, that way the only thing weighing on your mind is the test itself.

Just remember the basic testing strategies and you'll do great.

Try and remember that the test is truly very simple...Don't try and make it hard..that is often what gets people jammed up...

And yeah, relax. You practically have all day to take the test, you'll only use a small part of the time allowed, so take your time, choose the answers that you would most likely have chosen as a basic instead of a medic and you'll do fine.

Good to have you...jump in, ask, answer, debate, challenge your brain...that is where the real value is here...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.