Rural Scene Times

Prmedc

Well.. Yeah. They are mainly donating to keep the ambulances running, most of our towns have 1,500 - 2,000 which the fire departments don't get much from taxes. They are donating to the county to help us in general with whatever.

Sorry forgot to add.. The county counsel seems to be happy enough with how everything is setup. To me it does not bother that people are donating to two different agencies. Its a donation and up to them if they wish to donate or not. That's why if you live around here you will get several letters a year from your local fire dept asking for ambulance co donations, the county end service does the same. Also as I said earlier its better we arrive on scene faster. And I wouldn't really agree with you saying a few minutes wouldn't really count. Not trying to start anything, just saying it's my personal opinion.

Sorry, I mis-stated myself, I should have added "a few minutes wouldn't make a difference in most cases." It just seems redundant for people to be donating their money to multiple services performing the same task when they could donate it all to your service which, in turn, could take over transport duties as well. That way the patient gets ALS as usual but is transported earlier while Joe public knows exactly what is going on with his money.

But, as you say, the people you serve don't see a problem with it so what I think is moot.

The people? Not sure what everyone of them think, can't say they all don't mind it. All they know is when they need an ambulance one will come. Never really heard the counsil talk about merging any companies together, and I know for sure we aren't getting our own ambulance anytime soon hehe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.