So, if we cut this guy open, what would we find?

DwayneEMTP

Yes, just kidding about "the Duke" but I am pretty sure that Elvis had 60 lbs of poop. ;) I would be courious as to the patients diet fiber content and bowel habits.

Edited by DFIB

LOL.

But really, this does look like a classical ascites.

I had one patient, where it manifested itself school-book-like. Really, like the classical horrendous pic out of an EMS textbook.

The bellybutton was turned outward due to the fluid and formed a litlle spherical. Looked like an apple on a really large enourmous apple.

LOL.

But really, this does look like a classical ascites.

I had one patient, where it manifested itself school-book-like. Really, like the classical horrendous pic out of an EMS textbook.

The bellybutton was turned outward due to the fluid and formed a litlle spherical. Looked like an apple on a really large enourmous apple.

I have not knowingly seen a person with ascetis but will begin to look.

I have seen similar situations when people have diastasis recti. The right and left sides of the rectus abdominis spread apart at the midline. It's common in pregnant women, where the uterus pushes out the muscles and I have seen it run in families in the males. Granddad, dad and boy all have it. The naval commonly protrudes as well.

It was sarcasm. Could that gut be all adipose? I don't see how someone could be that big around. Is he at risk for back problems because of that weight