So, if we cut this guy open, what would we find?

DwayneEMTP

I've run across this picture a few times, and each time I've wondered what we would see if we cut that ridiculous belly open...

Is that all fat? Localized in that way?

Enlarged or occluded intestinges?

Is this guy a genetic anamaly or could we all look like that within a specific set of circumstances?

Something else that hasn't occured to me?

Just curious what we'd find....

(Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be packing, but this is important!!)

Dwayne

I would possibly think it might be a large amount of Ascites fluid.

Or maybe we can finally find the center of the elusive tootsie roll pop.

• Like 1

I took care of a little lady who had the same type belly as this guy. She had two issues, major ascites and a triple A that was near to rupturing, it was leaking at the time.

Imagine the infection control and course of treatment for this lady. It was a nightmare. She passed away not soon after her surgery to repair the AAA.

I think we would find an enlarged liver, lots of feces, not much adipose tissue, possibly ascites or ascaris lumbricoides infestation. More than likely a combination of all

Edited by DFIB

I think we would find an enlarged liver, lots of feces, not much adipose tissue, possibly ascites or ascaris lumbricoides infestation. More than likely a combination of all

;)

Why would that be?

You know John Wayne had 40 lbs of feces in his intestines when he died. :) seriously it is just a stab at a possiblity. No stistical information involved.

We might could add giardia lamda and entamoeba as well.

Edited by DFIB

I hope you're joking. Right? Because you know that's not true.

Or course, much is lost in interwebz translation. And my brain could just be fried and I'm reading it wrong.

That might explain your little happy face emoticon thing.

Ok. Back to studying.

And food. I need food. Although the pic in Dwayne's OP is a little bit of an appetitie supressant.