Air Medical Evacuation Training- FREE

Doczilla

We have several spots for free training at the National Center for Medical Readiness in our Aeromedical Evacuation Course. This 12 hour course is designed for the medical provider that may have to prepare patients for transport via air during a disaster. During large scale incidents, civilian and military medical assets will need to interface to evacuate large numbers of patients from an affected area. Not all patients, or equipment, will be suitable for air transport on military aircraft. This course grew out of feedback from providers after Hurricane Katrina that some patients were inadequately prepared or poorly selected for air evacuation. This course will cover preparation for air transport, specific hazards of air transport and altitude, limitations of the air medical environment and monitoring, and preparing patients at an aeromedical evacuation staging facility.

The course is being offered on the following dates: Jan 12-14, Jan 20-21, Mar 8-9. More dates to follow. Funding is provided by a grant through the University of Memphis.

EMS providers, nurses, respiratory therapists, physicians, and students in healthcare disciplines are welcome to attend.

www.medicalreadiness.org

www.calamityville.org

Like us on Facebook: Calamityville, and WSU-NCMR

'zilla

• Like 1

Hopefully the grant funding does not specify anything about nationality! If not, I would love to attend at the second offering. Can you confirm the dates? It looks like the website lists the 19th and 20th (Thursday and Friday). Are we able to register online or is there a different process for us?

Yes, you can come. As long as you speak English. ;)

And are taller than that little dog that holds up his paw saying, "You must be taller than me to ride....." I know how he haunts you...

Just trying to help you avoid wasting the trip Brother... :-)

Dwayne

• Like 1

Yes, you can come. As long as you speak English. ;)

No doot aboot it, I do speak English!

And are taller than that little dog that holds up his paw saying, "You must be taller than me to ride....." I know how he haunts you...

Just trying to help you avoid wasting the trip Brother... :-)

Dwayne

I didn't have any trouble last summer at the amusement park!

thistall.jpg

...but even if I did, I'd just find an adult! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They say that there's no such thing as a free lunch and that just may be true! I arrived at Calamityville this morning to find the parking lot strangely empty. Apparently the course was cancelled last week, but that message didn't quite make it to up to the Great White North. I got a nice tour of the facility at least and since I'm here I'm going to spend some time exploring this lovely state of Ohio. Thanks for the invite anyway, 'zilla. Too bad it didn't work out this time!