Are you a parent?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Parent

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon

So on January 4th, 2012 at 00:51 AM EST I became a father to Bently Allen. He came into the world weighing in at 6 pounds 8 ounces. He was 19 1/2 inches long. The only thing that was wrong was his due date and he came out two weeks late even though the doctors were unaware of it. If any of you have any suggestions that you would like to give I would greatly appreciate it.

- Patrick

Probably the best thing you can do for him is to love him unconditionally and let him see that you love his mom.

Spend as much time as you can with him. It means more to them than it does for us. They will be grown up and gone before you know it.

Print some of the pictures you take. I have tons of pictures that never made it past digital.

Congratulations!

Thanks DFIB! I know that I have quite a few digital photos. None are printed as of yet. I will need to get to that asap. I will love him unconditionally and no matter what. I'm sure that he sees that I love his mom. Even though he doesn't realize it yet.

Time with your child will mean more than any gift in the long run.

If you split with babies momma make sure and never disrespect or speak badly of her as you can damage your relationship with your child by doing so.

My two cents along with the photos...is to get a journal and WRITE everything down; things that you would want to put in Twitter or FB. Do one every day even if it is just a one liner and how you felt that day holding your new child; include your senses. Then, as he ages, you'll be able to write down the things he does and says.

I wish I had done it because my memories are now fleeting ones...

best wishes for your brood!! you're still quite young yourself, right? good!! i don't have any myself (and at 38, i'm thinking the fruit's past it's prime by now, not to mention just the thought of raising kids makes me have palpitations) but i believe parenthood is a very energy intensive endeavor. get the running shoes on!! i'll be praying for y'all!