It happened at the gym today...

Kaisu

I know this topic is dead, but I wanted to update you all. I found out that the gentleman did go to his doctor the next day. It was a malignant melanoma. The man had surgery and chemo. He is back at the gym and cancer free. It made me so happy!

He credits me with saving his life. I can't tell you how awesome and humbled I feel. Makes everything seem worthwhile. I had to share it with you.

AWESOME job Kaisu

I had the same thing happen a month or so ago and didn't put two an two together until I read your status.

My dad has a friend named Dan. He had this mass on his face. I talked to him and noticed it. I didn't say anything. But it kept gnawing on my mind so I told my dad.

My dad told Dan and Dan went to his doctor. Long story short Dan's doctor who is also a surgeon took out a huge melanoma and sent it off to pathology. It came back I blieve to be melanoma as well.

Dan told my dad thanks for pushing him to go to the doctor. My dad is not sure if they got all of it but Dan is going to radiation treatment now as well. I am not sure if he will expect as good a recovery as your guy Kaisu but I think that leaving it alone would surely have cost Dan's life but maybe going to the doctor got it in time.

I'll ask my dad more about it later. He will actually see Dan later this week.

Edited by Captain Kickass

Good for you Kaisu and great for your friend! It just proves that doing the right thing requires more courage than doing nothing at all! Good on you for taking a chance and changing this man's life!

Great Going Kaisu..

The gentleman is very fortunate that someone took the time and the concern to tell him like it is.

BTW: hope you enjoyed the lemonade from the tree.

When life hands you some lemons, make lemonade (ok that was corny, just had to throw it in)....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I agree with the others, he probably was in denial, but it seems to me, I would rather know. Then too, he might figure he's lived past the "three-score and ten" mentioned in the Bible and made peace with it knowing that he would soon see God.

You feel like crap because you potentially saved his life or at least decreased his time to diagnosis by the doctor?????? You're a horrible person, indeed...

Edit: Just saw the timestamp and update. Well there you go :)

Edited by AnthonyM83