Has anyone ever dealt with Appendicitis?

chbare,

OK I am fairly new to this site. Could you assist me in finding older post by certain people. I tried to go to his profile and search the "post" tab but it only came up with about 5-6 post and it seems they were replies to post not nec. post that he had published.

No problem at all. If you select my name, that link will bring you to my profile. As Nyp stated, look for a "find content" link. It should be on the upper right above the "user tools" link. You should be able to do this with every member.

Mike,

you got me. I do agree with you..but let me clarify one thing. That is the best way for me to learn. I read it (often more than once or six times) then I talk about it, then I do it. Or I get hands on instructions as I am doing it. Those are the best ways for ME to learn. Who knows what this guy's "best way" to learn is. I don't know this guy from Adam of Batavia maybe he is actually a Medic just trying to stir up S&*^* in here, or maybe this how he learns. I also look at it this way if he asks a question that is totally off the grid of what we do and it bothers you then don't read it and don't reply to it. Really it is that simple don't chastise the guy for asking a question. If you choose to answer it maybe it will remove that little bit of rust that we all get in this biz and maybe help us remember some of that information that we might of once knew but have now forgotten.

He's a 16 year old kid who hasn't even started school yet. These guys are correct, he will ask a random question, hasn't done any reading, contributes nothing to the post he started.

If I may stick my head in the lion's mouth for a moment, I would ask why so many of you get your blood pressure up over this guy or the trolls ? When you get upset you give them control over your day, never give contol of your emotions to others. And what if he is a 16 year old kid that is interested in EMS ? I do not know many kids who would come to this site, versus myspace or facebook, so I think we should take him under our wing, who knows he might be your future partner. I think we should be welcoming to all, until they wear out their welcome, as there is another similar site to this one that has "village" in its name, that is almost identical in set-up to this one, but is basically DEAD. This is a public forum, so we are bound to attract people we disagree with, but that is no reason to BAN them, just ignore them.

And how exactly is someone with no medical training, who does not run EMS calls, going to come up with intelligent questions pertaining to EMS ? Imagine wanting to be a mechanic (with absolutely no training yet) so you go to www.transmissioncity.com's forum page and then have to ask an intelligent question about clutch repair ? He is worshiping his heros the best way he knows how, so act like a hero instead of a dismissive asshole who does not have time to be bothered. I apologize in advance for everyone I just pissed off. Love you all (except flaming and hlpp)

• Like 1

A couple good points rom. He has however due to previous issues worn out his welcome with me. Not that it means much, so I guess after trying to take time and being lied to I'm being a dismissive asshole. Have fun with him.

Well why we are on the subject, I have a question for ERDOC, what are your feelings on being aggresive with pain management, in the pre-hospital setting, for abdominal pain?

The reason I ask is there are a lot of Docs that are against it, and there are some (luckily to be the case in just about all of the systems I have been in) that agree that it should be handled aggressively. What are your thoughts?

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you. As others have said, I think pts should have proper pain control, even in the field. There is plenty of literature out there that shows that narcotics will not mask the physicial exam but may actually help it by reducing the more diffuse pain and only localize the pain to the affected organ. Any doctor that is against it is either older than dirt or has their head up their ass.

Edited by ERDoc
  • Like 2

Any doctor that is against it is either older than dirt or has their head up their ass.

You know doc, you really gotta stop beating around the bush.

edited because I couldn't get the YOU RULE emoticon to work

Edited by CrapMagnet

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you. As others have said, I think pts should have proper pain control, even in the field. There is plenty of literature out there that shows that narcotics will not mask the physicial exam but may actually help it by reducing the more diffuse pain and only localize the pain to the affected organ. Any doctor that is against it is either older than dirt or has their head up their ass.

No problem, I appreciate any insight even if it takes a bit. It is not like anybody has a life or anything :D. Thanks again.

What is this life thing you speak of?

i read about it in a book once.... it might have even been in a fairytale