Has anyone ever dealt with Appendicitis?

Mike,

Maybe truly is just me jumping into something that I don't know the history of, or just the way I am wired. Truth be told this debate can go on and on and on. Not really taking up everyone's time and energy. I do have one question though, if this guy is a nuisance on this site then why has he not been removed? I am really new to this site so no I don't know all the ins and the outs of it yet...like I do FB LOL so I am asking from a veteran :)

• Like 1

They gotta get pretty inane to get banned. Seems like the preference is to just chastise and hope for the best, rather than giving the royal order of the boot right away.

Mildly irritating/nuisance gets to stay.

Psycho/epic shit-stirrer/ just plain nuts gets to stay for a LOOONG time until they finally cross that threshold.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Psycho/epic shit-stirrer

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Have you been talking to Dwayne about me already??

From this point forward I will do a little research before I waste all of your guys time, like I have been. Don't worry. I'll be seen and not heard from now on out. Paramedic Mike you seem to be the most pissed about it. I would like to apologize to you first of all. If I do ask a question from here on out, it will be a complicated one.

• Like 2

I do have one question though, if this guy is a nuisance on this site then why has he not been removed?

I don't think he's reached that point. He certainly hasn't reached the point of "all hope is lost". He also hasn't reached the level Wendy described. Besides, it's up to Admin or AK to make the decision regarding banning a user. They don't undertake that task lightly. Nor should they.

Paramedic Mike you seem to be the most pissed about it.

I'm not looking for an apology from you. And I'm not pissed. Perhaps you should go back and read my comments again. Just put some effort into things and try. Nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes. We all go through a learning curve. It's when we fail to learn from our mistakes, though, that things really start to become a problem.

Edited by paramedicmike

I agree, you have used the tools provided to you to assist but can you confirm any of these? No. We treat what we see. If they have pain, we give analgesia. It is not up to us to determine a final diagnosis.

Never argued for that, i just said "pay attention to differential diagnosis". And I see that as an integral part of my job before any doctor sees the patient.

Sure we do pre-clinical diagnose, basing pre-clinical treatments on that. Sure, we don't make final treatments on (more or less) full confirmed diagnoses, that's true as well and that is job of the hospital/doctor with all their possibilities.

Well why we are on the subject, I have a question for ERDOC, what are your feelings on being aggresive with pain management, in the pre-hospital setting, for abdominal pain?

The reason I ask is there are a lot of Docs that are against it, and there are some (luckily to be the case in just about all of the systems I have been in) that agree that it should be handled aggressively. What are your thoughts?

He's made thoughts known about this subject one more than than one occasion. I will not put words in his mouth as you can research his past posts fairly easily. However, I would say the stance is pro pain management.

chbare,

OK I am fairly new to this site. Could you assist me in finding older post by certain people. I tried to go to his profile and search the "post" tab but it only came up with about 5-6 post and it seems they were replies to post not nec. post that he had published.