Styker Power Load System

JShoreEMT

Neither do we.

I am guessing you do not have an elec cot?

The idea it is too heavy is the most common excuse bean-counters use for not buying one. The reality is: I have not carried a cot, elec or manual in years. I really see no need too. Why add the extra weight to your patient prior to carrying them? I'll carry them out on thier kitchen chair before I bring in the cot.

Mobey, I guessing we work with a different clientele. Most of the pt.'s I encounter "can't walk" and I won't carry a CP pt. out on the kitchen chair. We use the Ferno 35A stretchers. They're not that heavy to carry, not nearly as heavy as the new Strykers and Fernos and the electric stretchers are HEAVIER than them..

But yeah, I'm just not a fan. To each their own I guess. We (my partner and I) can load a manual stretcher quicker by just collapsing the wheels before the electric one can get the wheels up. How is hold that extra weight up good for your back?

I like them for working critical care transports though. When we're going between facilities, they are perfect!

Neither do we.

I am guessing you do not have an elec cot?

The idea it is too heavy is the most common excuse bean-counters use for not buying one. The reality is: I have not carried a cot, elec or manual in years. I really see no need too. Why add the extra weight to your patient prior to carrying them? I'll carry them out on thier kitchen chair before I bring in the cot.

I would not carry someone out on a kitchen chair, you never know how sturdy the chair will be, and most chairs were not manufactured to carry people, many times the spindles are just glued in. Don't be lazy, fetch the stretcher or stairchair and keep your patient safe.

I avoid carrying a cot when ever possible, but I have carried power cots into the house, wasnt that bad. I would love to see a tracked cot though, even just to have something that goes over uneven ground better, let alone down stairs.

Back to the original topic, what triggers the section in the truck to lift and retract? Does it have to be combined with a brand new power cot (with integrated controls for both) or does it just lift when you push the front wheels into it, then retract with a push?

I would not carry someone out on a kitchen chair, you never know how sturdy the chair will be, and most chairs were not manufactured to carry people, many times the spindles are just glued in. Don't be lazy, fetch the stretcher or stairchair and keep your patient safe.

I don't expect someone with you're intellegence level to be able to assess the sturdiness of a chair vs the weight of your patient.

• Like 1

I have never seen a cot such as this in person. We have Fernos and I like them compared to regular Stryker stretchers.

We have crappy stair chairs that have angles that are not good for lifting mechanics.

We usually take the cot into the house or to the doorway and move the patient with it. I would rather use a kitchen chair than our stairchairs.

I avoid carrying a cot when ever possible, but I have carried power cots into the house, wasnt that bad. I would love to see a tracked cot though, even just to have something that goes over uneven ground better, let alone down stairs.

Back to the original topic, what triggers the section in the truck to lift and retract? Does it have to be combined with a brand new power cot (with integrated controls for both) or does it just lift when you push the front wheels into it, then retract with a push?

I believe you need to purchase the lift and cot together for compatability. I think there's a button on the cot that'll raise the lift once the lights become green.

But anyways... has anyone used this? I'd like to here the pros and cons if anyone has.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.