Styker Power Load System

JShoreEMT

The new stryker system is not available on the market yet .

I saw it this year as a demo. It is a nice concept.

I have a quote somewhere on my desk with the priceing. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k on top of the price of the power stretcher. total between 25-30 k for the package

VERY expensive

but compared to the fines and payouts for breaking staff ?

the advantage of the UK approach of ramps / lifts is that it allows the ramp or lift to be used with carrychairs wheel chairs or even an ambulant patient ...

what's the contingency method of operation ?

Looks cool.

Saw some pretty similiar stuff in vids of UK EMS.

Definately a step in the right direction. I guess we won`t have to kill our backs that much anymore in the future.

They're great for inter facility transports. The first time you have to lug it up or down stairs, you will curse the day you ever considered it.

I know that some people prefer to get lug the stretcher up a few stairs instead of getting the stair chair, but I think that it is time that our habits change since the equipment has evolved. If you have a tracked stair chair to go with your powered stretcher, why would you ever lug the stretcher up or down stairs when you can glide with the stair chair instead?

I know that some people prefer to get lug the stretcher up a few stairs instead of getting the stair chair, but I think that it is time that our habits change since the equipment has evolved. If you have a tracked stair chair to go with your powered stretcher, why would you ever lug the stretcher up or down stairs when you can glide with the stair chair instead?

I have been using the elec cot for 3 yrs now and have yet to carry it up stairs.

Stair chair for 90% of people, Scoop or MegaMover for everyone else.

While we have the stryker tracked stair chair, as a former Ferno rep, I get cards with new products to hand out. They're now marketing a powered stair chair. I won't sell a product on a forum post, so feel free to look into it. However, I've yet to find a situation where I wasn't 100% comfortable with the tracked chair powered by myself.

Prior to a lawsuit, Stryker had a set of tracks that were retro fit to their rugged cots. That allowed you to level out the cot, and pull it up and down stairs. The downside, you couldn't really control or stop it. If you have a set of them, consider yourself lucky; as far as a marketing failure. Not entirely, that's where the track-assist chairs came from.

Edited by 2c4

I have been using the elec cot for 3 yrs now and have yet to carry it up stairs.

Stair chair for 90% of people, Scoop or MegaMover for everyone else.

What's a MegaMover? And does it transform into a car or something when there are no patients on it?

I agree. However, we don't have a tracked stairchair.

I agree. However, we don't have a tracked stairchair.

Neither do we.

I am guessing you do not have an elec cot?

The idea it is too heavy is the most common excuse bean-counters use for not buying one. The reality is: I have not carried a cot, elec or manual in years. I really see no need too. Why add the extra weight to your patient prior to carrying them? I'll carry them out on thier kitchen chair before I bring in the cot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.