When to believe the pulse oxymeter, when not?

Bernhard

Systemet, it is called experience. And I have not misdiagnosed one that I can think of in 2011, so I am batting closer to 100%, but will only claim 99% for now (in case I remember one later). I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.

Systemet, it is called experience. And I have not misdiagnosed one that I can think of in 2011, so I am batting closer to 100%, but will only claim 99% for now (in case I remember one later).
So you had not more than 1 patient this year? Oh, I'm bad at statistics, since 67,98% may be totally made up.

I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.
Sir, you're the EMTcity man of the year, maybe the decade. I can't even tell B/P within a few points of margin using a sphygmomanometer. I still have to round, but maybe it's for your adorable youth and I just can excuse myself a bit since my legs are gray, my ears are gnarled, my eyes are old and bent .

Standing in awe and with most respect,

ehh...no. In real world such statements earn you disbelief, at least.

• Like 3

Systemet, it is called experience. And I have not misdiagnosed one that I can think of in 2011, so I am batting closer to 100%, but will only claim 99% for now (in case I remember one later). I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.

Have you considered working in management?

• Like 2

Systemet, it is called experience. And I have not misdiagnosed one that I can think of in 2011, so I am batting closer to 100%, but will only claim 99% for now (in case I remember one later).

Batting 99% on diagnosis of MI ? WOW your good, can I patch to you with my next CP patient ?

I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.

What a crock of shit .. seriously ? Man you so need help and put down the crack pipe.

What next speak in tongues and snake worship ?

• Like 1

dda62e2c.jpg

• Like 2

If you're saying this just to get a rise out of us, congratulations.

If you're saying this because you believe it, please stop working in EMS.

• Like 4

LOL!

So what? I can tell you the patients ICP just by touching his head!

;)

EDIT: I`m working on EF by laying my hand on the thorax - but I still have a 20% failure rate there...

Edited by Vorenus
  • Like 1

Systemet, it is called experience. And I have not misdiagnosed one.....I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.

The above statements can not go together in any type of system that actually runs calls. If you truly had experience you would understand the fallacy of believing the both of the latter statements. The only medics that I've known to believe such bullshit are a few old burnouts and the whacker, wannabes. Your theory makes sense to those with no concept of vascular compensation, but to the rest? Yeah....not so much.

And if you have a zero failure rate on diagnosing MIs then you're just not running any MIs, it's as simple as that.

Dwayne

Really??? I stand in awe of your greatness...NOT!! pfffft!! Get outta town...and please stop working in EMS before you kill someone. That is if you havent already. Epic fail

And I have not misdiagnosed one that I can think of in 2011 [...] I can also tell you the patient's B/P within a few points of margin just by feeling the radial pulse.
Thinking over, it DOES make sense...if he works in funeral services business!
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.