B.E.A.R. ?

croaker260

I have never used the B.E.A.R. but have used a modified spider with positive results.

Did you ever see the video? Any idea why it was removed?

Bound-Tree bought Alliance Medical. So I'd choose a different supplier for it, because it's like a 3wk delay in processing; then another week for shipping.

We use this: (w/o the backboard, that just shows that you can slip one into it securely)

http://www.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=CTL&CS=HOM&FN=ProductDetail&PID=13730

Combined with 9' straps on the stretcher. It helps enclose and secure them quite well.

When I saw the title I thought maybe someone had started another gay thread...

Hey 2c4, you know I've used that, or a version of it forever to carry people out of difficult houses but it never occurred to me to use it in that way. That's a great idea! Thanks man...

Now I can't wait to try it.

Dwayne

Hey 2c4, you know I've used that, or a version of it forever to carry people out of difficult houses but it never occurred to me to use it in that way. That's a great idea! Thanks man...

Same here... we use it on a daily basis.

Never really had to think about the orignial topic though, since we don`t have spineboards.

We use this: (w/o the backboard, that just shows that you can slip one into it securely)

Good idea. We use the sheet all the time in confined spaces, never thought of it to use for bariatric patients OR for better securing on a spinebord. Will try it! Great suggestion, thanks, man.

The B.E.A.R. thing is "just" a professional looking restraint for bariatric patients. We don't have it. We use additional belts (maybe plus the suggested sheet in future) or our regional bariatric ambulance.

Never really had to think about the orignial topic though, since we don`t have spineboards.

But the problem with "abdominal mass hanging" is the same on a stretcher.

I like the idea of using the carry sheet as a restraint aid, should be possible, if taken sideways under the regular or expanded belts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.