Fitness.

eCamp91

not me thats for sure...not when I run 12 calls in a 9 hour shift anyway and when I get home I'm to tired to do anything but fix my son dinner and then veg on the couch...or come on here and drive everyone batshit crazy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone workout and find it to be a benefit on the job?

Don't typically have time while on shift, I work mainly urban and we're fairly busy. A lot more than some and less than others, depends on who we're compared to.

Anyhow, as tired as we are and as much as we want to go upstairs and have a drink after a 14 hour night shift, sometimes it's nice to go for a run or do elliptical for 30 mins. Something HELPFUL after a shift. Having a drink can help to relax etc etc, its even better after even a 15 min run which I've recently been finding out ...

Good thing the drinks are after the run you could get cited for RWI (Running Under the Influence).

If you could slip your last meal of the day in about an hour before the run it would be perfect. Food, exercise, alcohol, sleep, sounds like an all inclusive holiday!

Edited by DFIB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.