M*A*S*H Actor Harry Morgan, Has Died

Not saying for sure or not, but life choices I've made brought me to military medicine, where my first duty station was a Navy field hospital with the Marines. I liked MASH, it brought humor to an otherwise humorless experience of battlefield medicine, but there were also some episodes which brought reality to war and the situations I (and many others) faced with emergency medicine during the heat of battle.

Rest in peace Colonel Potter......it has been a pleasure following you through the years of MASH (and lets not forget Dragnet).

We acknowledge that many of us, including myself, got involved in the medical field, EMS area, due to "Johnny and Roy" on "Emergency!", How many of us got into it due to "Hawkeye, 'Trapper' John, BJ Hunnicut, Winchester, 'Hot Lips', Potter, 'Radar', Maxwell Q Klinger, Henry Blake, or even Frank?

Due to much of what we do in the field comes as a trickle-down from Army Medics and Navy Corpsmen, if asked, I'd allow on special courtesy and Honorable Mention, to add Col. Sherman T. Potter/Harry Morgan, posthumosly, to the city's ranks.

• Like 1

"The best part of a lobster is the catchers mitt" .. I didn't know till this minute but I quoted him last night !

RIP Col Potter you made a lot of folk's laugh .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.