Recommendations for EMT-Basic training in Washington DC

anican

Hello! I'm interested in taking an EMT-Basic course in Washington DC (or possibly the close-in suburbs, but DC proper strongly preferred). I am in my mid-30s and have totally unrelated B.A. and work experience. My schedule is very flexible, and my top priority is the quality of the instructor(s). Thank you in advance for your insight and any resources you can share!

Hi, paramedicmike, and thanks for the quick reply! To be honest, I'm a little confused by what I've found so far, especially since I'm not college-aged, and my goal isn't to find an EMT-related job on the far side, it's just to be able to assist in emergencies and eligible to volunteer more formally.

The GW and Washington Hospital Center websites (which seemed to be most frequently mentioned on these boards) aren't particularly informational about their programs -- I've sent emails to both but haven't yet heard back, so thought it was worth pinging here. I'm actually open to going as far as the EMT-P level, so I'd want to be sure that the program is fully accredited... but I'm open to any range of day/evening/accelerated courses. I hope that's not way too broad -- really any advice would be welcome! Thanks again.