Question on NR scoring system.

You know what? Screw all of you and the yaks you rode in on....

Title changed to correct spelling.... :-)

So how much did it cost to get mod power? I need to go fix a few comments so those that replied sound really ignorant. :fish:

You all know the NR "scoring" system (above passing, near passing, and below passing) if someone who took the test and has a "near passing" in a subject area would they pass, or is that considered unsuccessful?

That confuses me, just would like to understand that.

Okay, you got me. I am under the impression that NR is either pass or fail. I have tried to find where they have these various levels of passing...so can you (or anyone else) provide me the link to this information? As an instructor, I need to make sure I fully understand the options.

Toni

Outside of the old paper tests where you got a breakdown of your strengths and weaknesses, I'm not sure how you would know if you 'almost' passed?

Unless this is something new on the NRCBT? That they break it down for you now?

Unless this is something new on the NRCBT? That they break it down for you now?

That's what I'm trying to determine. I've not see anything other than pass/fail...

That's what I'm trying to determine. I've not see anything other than pass/fail...

This is here-say from a guy in my EMT-B course (actually, he was taking it as a refresher, he failed NREMT 3x), he says that your sections are graded as "Passed", "Nearly Passed" and "Below Passing", or something to that effect. Now, I'm not sure if you can fail a section, but still pass overall, or if it's a "fail one, fail all" kind of thing. I'm still in the dark about the whole test, because I have yet to take it.

I just wanted to lend a bit of credibility to the OPs question. I've heard this referenced before, and it was from someone who had done the computer-based testing. You get a pass-fail within 24 hours of testing, then you get a printed breakdown of your score within 4-6 weeks in the mail.

I've been working personally with the OP on this. We have a game plan to help him pass the registry. It was the impetus for the Registry prep course I was going to start to benefit the emt students on this site and soon benefit the medic students getting ready to test.

How I believe the system works is that there is a range that is considered as a competent level. Questions are asked initially in the middle of this range. If you answer the question right, the next question will be slightly more difficult. If you answer the question right, again more difficult for the next one. If you answer that question wrong, the next question will be slightly easier in difficulty. It is like a waveform when answering. Treat this like a patients pH range, 4.35-4.45. The middle is 4.0. If you continue to maintain in the range of 4.35-4.45 throughout the exam, you will be successful. If you are below the minimum, then you will be unsuccessful. The test could range anywhere from 70 to 150 questions dependant on where you maintain in that range. If you continually fall below the minimum of the range, the test could shut off at 70 questions and basically states that you do not know your stuff. On the other side, if you continually maintain in the upper or above range, the test may shut down because its like beating a dead horse, you know your stuff. The kicker is that you will not know either way until the results are in. If you continue to stay right in the middle of the range, the test may be the full compliment of questions, and you could still pass or fail.

Lot of junk to take in, but this is how I think it works.

PS: they also include questions that are not counted toward your grade but are possible future pool questions. However, you do not know which questions these are.

Good luck.

Edited by P_Instructor

Also, they do pass certain areas...OB, Airway, Ops, etc.... but then it is taken as a whole and averaged out as Passing, Nearly Passing or Below Passing... I miss the OLD days when we actually got scores..and a print out of exactly how we scored on each section. Ah well. Memories..... :punk:

"Question on NR scroing system"

So what is this scroing you have typed about? :wtf::devil:

Is it the same as teabagging?

I've been working personally with the OP on this. We have a game plan to help him pass the registry. It was the impetus for the Registry prep course I was going to start to benefit the emt students on this site and soon benefit the medic students getting ready to test.

I think you should go ahead and start it Ruff. I would be a client.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.