Question on NR scoring system.

You all know the NR "scoring" system (above passing, near passing, and below passing) if someone who took the test and has a "near passing" in a subject area would they pass, or is that considered unsuccessful?

That confuses me, just would like to understand that.

I think anything less that passing constitutes failure in my opinion.

It's like saying, you nearly defibrillated the guy, you didn't defibrillate him but you nearly did.

Or like Miracle Max in Princess bride said about Welsey when he appeared dead. "He's not dead, he's only mostly dead"

So the verbage of above passing, nearly passing or below passing is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while.

Either you pass or you didn't.

Could this be one of those nicer gentler ways of telling you that you failed. The touchy feely emotional thing. Like giving a trophy to all the kids on a team with a record of 0 and 14??? Are they trying to soften the blow of "you failed" try again.

I think anything less that passing constitutes failure in my opinion.

It's like saying, you nearly defibrillated the guy, you didn't defibrillate him but you nearly did.

Or like Miracle Max in Princess bride said about Welsey when he appeared dead. "He's not dead, he's only mostly dead"

Why am I having visions of a parrot and a Monty Python skit??

I think it's some Mongolian sport involving yaks and grease....

It actually sounds like something that might be illegal in a few states...

Or one is a tri sexual - meaning they will try anything.

But seriously, do you really want a medic who got a mostly passing or near passing or almost passing score on their test? I mean touchy feely aside and the fact that again we don't want our precious children to not pass because it would be a stigma, if you don't pass you fail. You don't mostly fail, you don't almost fail, YOU FAIL.

Simple as that. So take the "we can't make anyone feel bad" language out of the equation and say Pass or Fail. Nuff said.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.