Screen Names

Happiness

Started with this name on mIRC, Back when I was a rookie, teenage, volunteer, whacker from hell. Green light on the dash board. Ready to save me some lives! I have sense mellowed out, Been out of a fire department since 2005, and have focused my energies on EMS. The 1037 was my first Badge number.

Fireman1037

"Not the firefighter Dust warned you about"

Yeah...to those speaking of being uncreative...well, look at mine...pitiful...

I love this thread though! It's interesting to see what people mean by their avatars and screen names...

Dwayne

No worries, my name is just as pitiful as yours and Mike's.

Well hell,

For 5 yrs I worked our local dirt track and was introduced to new racers to out track as the "Race Medic" When I first joined the site in '04 i was still working the track so it used it. Been that way ever since. Though now i pretty well go by Race even in my personal life. The name has stuck and kinda evolved it to what it is.

On a side note i have not worked a race 5yrs... Im now in critical care transport and flight medicine.

Race

EDIT- the avatar is me working in the ER

Edited by RaceMedic

Its been my online identity since I was 14, hard to forget, and never taken. I thought it was kinda cool back then, combining two big destructive forces. And yes I have been addressed as Quake, but those were back in my nerdier days. I'm working on the whole avatar thing....

I was a short order cook, hense the customers called me cookie.

I'm told that in the military, numerous cooks are referred to as "Cookie".

Let me guess was "Sparkie" the other co-worker .. yup I would wager a dinner on that bet !

From the early days of "Spark Gap" radios, especially in Maritime and Naval activities, Sparks or Sparky is the nickname of any shipboard radio operator.

From the early days of "Spark Gap" radios, especially in Maritime and Naval activities, Sparks or Sparky is the nickname of any shipboard radio operator.

Not this Sparkie ... it was for an entirely different reason, I might blush telling the story .

Edited by tniuqs

My name is pretty self explanatory. I was tooling around the site and saw it in a post, found it entertaining and blatantly stole it! the avatar has to do with my loving to ride motorcycles and the pic just kinda makes you go WTF?!

I'm told that in the military, numerous cooks are referred to as "Cookie".

On cattle drives the guy who drove the chuck wagon was also the cook and called Cookie, and I will assure you I am not that old!

I remember my dad being called Sparky by some of his Navy buddies, he was a raido man when he served in WW II and Korea.