Screen Names

Happiness

I'm an Aussie and I "aid" people! I used to fly in helicopters.

I like to be anonymous because I already put my foot in my mouth too much in the "real world". I need to retain some of the anonymity to hide behind!

Besides I may need to vent about my job and my boss some day......oh hang on...I better change my screen name first since it was joining EMT City that led to my downfall.....I mean current job! :)

I heard your boss is a really great guy! Feel free to vent to me anytime about him...or you can just walk across the hall and yell at me like you usually do.

I mean yell at him like someone told me you do.

• Like 1

I heard your boss is a really great guy! Feel free to vent to me anytime about him...or you can just walk across the hall and yell at me like you usually do. I mean yell at him like someone told me you do.

Ok am I missing something here or am I just blond to the roots ?

ROFLMFAO ... Aussieaid and AK .. you 2 slay me.

Sorry, I missed the responses here.

Mike, I still fly but only when I can't get someone else to do it for me these days. And they are long, international flights instead of short, fun, rotor wing flights.

Squint, I think the Boss would like me to go across the hall and yell at him....he doesn't like it when I ignore him but that might be hearsay too! ;)

Aussie, as someone who knows your boss well, trust me on this...

Keep a supply of med rare steaks wrapped in old issues of Penthouse in the fridge, nuke and throw a package through his door every few hours and you may not have to hear from him for days....

We don't call him Yeti for nothing.

You're welcome... :-)

Dwayne

Many years ago on this or another site I had a informal contest to see who could get the origin of my name. It wasnt that hard, but it took people a while to get it. SO, here is the story...

In my alternate life I am a geek. A serious sci fi, movie, book, and fantasy geek. I always have been since Jr High. I was during my service in the Army...you would be surprised how many geeks there are in the military..big hard core soldiers...who are indeed ...geeky... :punk:

Anyway, I hid it for years because, quite frankly, it interfeered with people taking me seriously in my professional life. Especially in the south. About 13 years ago I simply "embraced the geek inside me" so everyone now has simply accepted it. Kind of. LOL :whistle: Of course, working my ass off in my job and improving my profession and teaching a lot has helped a lot too.

Anyway, I digress...my screen name .. which I use for a lot of things for many years......is a combination of a character ( a military physician of all things) from a book whose views I sympathize with, and my badge number that by pure coincidence I had at my first career service and I was assigned here at my current service when I was hired on 13 years ago. I think I first used it on a KY web site long ago and for years on the old EMSvillage website when it was active.

What book? Who wrote it? It sounds really familiar. I've read so much sci-fi it comes outta my nose... ;-)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Aussie, as someone who knows your boss well, trust me on this...

Keep a supply of med rare steaks wrapped in old issues of Penthouse in the fridge, nuke and throw a package through his door every few hours and you may not have to hear from him for days....

We don't call him Yeti for nothing.

You're welcome... :-)

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne! Keep the tips coming.....

I might have a problem with obtaining the Penthouse magazines as things are a little stricter these days I gather. I am, however going to be investing in a supply of Tim Tam's and they work wonders!! Kept him in line last time I had a supply....been too long since I had any I guess. ;)

(Or maybe that was my last boss.....things are beginning to blur...)