Screen Names

Happiness

I was thinking with all the differnt types of conversations we have here how does our interpetation of a persons screen name and profile pic reflect on how we are going to respond to that persons posts. I dont want this to just turn into a bashing session but would like some imput. Maybe explain your own screen name if you choose (i think this is a thread some where )

So my screen name comes from my Husband, It is suppose to be sarcastic as Im really not that happy......He gave me this name after an argument I won because apperently I was really happy after winning, and it just stuck for 23 years............................

The screen name Crotichity is the one Im going to comment on. When I first noticed his SN I thought that it would be some over middle aged white man that was crabby and would be argumentative. Well I was partially right the fact that he was Black kind of threw me for a loop. Now I like his avitar because I like Snoopy but it is really the opposite of his personality........

I was pretty open about who I was and what I was all about on this site. My login was my real name. I love this site and had found it invaluable when I was in school, on my first job. etc. I strove to be as honest as I could about calls, working conditions, co-workers, etc. I felt isolated in my job as I had been trained in a different state and was a total newcomer. I relied on you all to give me reality checks and honest feedback. To do this, I had to be honest and open and as detailed as required.

I wasn't worried about backlash because I naively believed that anyone reading my posts in their entirety would appreciate that I was conscientious and while certainly far from supermedic, doing everything in my power to do a good job.

A post about what I felt was a highhanded and unfair abuse of power landed me in hot water. I changed my name to reflect how I felt about what had happened to me (and perhaps that I bring this crap down on myself) and to disguise myself with plausible deniabilty for my co-workers and employers. (My avatar kinda destroys that, but I changed that only recently)

I dunno, some years back as was watching that HBO series Rome (and got sucked in) - then when I was registering with a forum and as always I couldn`t think of a screen name, I just took one of the main characters name. Kinda kept with it since then.

Mine is kind of self-explanatory...it's an abbreviation of my name. You see, I'm not that imaginative and couldn't come up with anything cute or funny. So, I just went with...well...me!

Crap - Like you, I try to be open and honest about my posts while at the same time being careful on how and what I post. It's possible that I, too, may someday be posting under a different name. :P

My name is Richard, last name starts with the letter B, and I'm an EMT, and sometimes I don't have any imagination. Some know me as RCB the EMT, a nickname given me at my Volunteer Ambulance Corps, consisting of all 3 of my initials and title.

My screenname is one that I've been using for quite some time. My name is Ted and my favourite railway is the Canadian Pacific (kind of a train nut), hence the handle CPR Ted. Of course in this circle, I would imagine it is interpreted a little differently.

The steam locomotive in my avatar is Ex-Canadian Pacific #3716, the "Spirit of Summerland." I spend a good deal of my off time working on the 3716 as a member of the running crew at the Kettle Valley Steam Railway. It is truly a dream come true for my inner 5 year old.

Herbie goes back to when I got my first 386 computer, with a dial up modem. I was looking for something to do besides play games and write my fiction, and found an online forum where folks discussed current events. Sounded interesting, so I joined. I needed a screen name, and had no idea what to pick. At the time I was working on the privates and our company shared the radio frequency with a trucking company. One of the drivers name was Herbie, and had a very strange sounding voice on the radio. We used to make fun of the guys' voice and began calling each other Herbie, in that same odd voice. That's the name I picked, and use it on many sites including this one- simply for my own convenience. Although that forum has gone through a few hosts, but it's the same administrator, and it still has quite a few of the same members- over 25 years later.

Stupid- yep.