Some People Never Learn - Paramedic in Trouble Again

romneyfor2012

I do not post on my Facebook page anything that I wouldn't say to your face, however there are some limitations. I realize that now, major companies (including governments) are worried about image and what you say on social media, the pictures you post (think about that stag party with you drunk and kissing the stripper).

If that would bring a disparaging remark from others, if it would question your character or integrity, it would also say something about the employer that employs you. As much as I disliked my previous employer, I would not say it on an open/social media forum. It's all about IMAGE. I don't/didn't post anything that could come back and bite me. I still needed a job while I was looking for a new one. Sort of like keeping it quiet while you're sending out resumes to everyone.

As previously stated, if you don't like the rules your employer imposes, you don't have to work for them. As it is, if I work for someone that has rules against what you post in social media, then I watch what I say and what I do. After all, my reputation is also at risk.

• Like 1

I think a company has the right to protect its image, even on an employees FB page. That protection should only apply to the company and not the person's general opinion of life. I should be able to say, "I hate that Ruff guy," as that is my personal opinion, but I should not be able to say, "I hate ABC ambulance because they hired this guy Ruff." It's a fine line but I think you get my point, and no, I do not hate Ruff.

I think in this case though it is a special situation. The guy has already gotten in trouble for attacking the employees and the company. Therefore, any further attacks, even if it is only at the employees is indirectly aimed at the company and therefore can be regulated by the company.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.