Canadian EMT (new to site)

J306

Not to mention the NOCP's !!

No school should be teaching to protocol!

BTW: Take the new MFI course at SCEMTS, I helped develop the program and made the ppt.

Ah you must know Sh Cr then, small world, he did a couple years in Pelican and recently did some recerts for the nurses.

Wow your ahead of the game, half the time I don't even know where I work..... Then again I've been a student so long I don't know if I remember what working was like.

The excuse we got was SIAST was waiting on the new NOCPs to update the program, which is why we wrote tests written in 2006, not exactly up to date materials.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Got accepted into the fall 2012 intake for the ACP program at SIAST. I recently moved from a very busy northern reserve community which ran a single BLS unit to a rural community with lots of very great experienced coworkers and bosses, but very few challenging calls so far. My concern is that my skills and knowledge have become "rusty" over the past couple months and that I won't be as sharp and prepared for ACP school as I otherwise would have been when I was using those skills on a daily basis.

• 5 months later...
Update: Got accepted into the fall 2012 intake for the ACP program at SIAST. I recently moved from a very busy northern reserve community which ran a single BLS unit to a rural community with lots of very great experienced coworkers and bosses, but very few challenging calls so far. My concern is that my skills and knowledge have become "rusty" over the past couple months and that I won't be as sharp and prepared for ACP school as I otherwise would have been when I was using those skills on a daily basis.

I'm sure you'll be just fine. In the end, provided you choose an accredited program with transferable credits, where you go to school doesn't matter nearly as much as what you put into it. I just graduated from the SAIT EMT-P program and write my registration exam later this month. Some of my classmates will make excellent ACPs, others will be lousy. All of us technically graduated from the same program.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.