Grandpa has a gun!

DFIB

2000 was the closest I could find on injuries alone, there are more current studies but many do not separate death from injury, or do not separate homicide, suicide, and accidental.

Of course the other question is, "How is injury defined?" I've had a firearm injury before (stupid damn slide on my Father's Beretta model 1934). No bullet holes yet, and it wasn't reported so I'm not a statistic anyways. Furthermore, what's the per capita injury rate, and how does that compare to, say, injuries and deaths due to automobiles?

P.S. We have not even broached the whole flea/tick issue. You assume that this blind patient keeps this dog spotlessly clean, there is equal chance that they do not.

Can we keep SNF patients off the ambulance since there are equal chances that they have scabies?

So if a convicted felon working at a 7-11 shows you ID and signs a piece of paper, you would give them a handgun?? WTF?

More important, if an EMS provider hands over my property to some random civilian and it gets "lost," I'm going after the provider who decided to give my property away.

23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000. During the same period there were 215,836 Active License Holders in the state of Texas alone, More than 800,000 in Florida. This is more than one million people who legally carry guns in just two states

Are those registered owners or just CCW licenses? Let's also not forget that not all states require all firearms to be registered. California, for example, only requires "concealable firearms" (e.g. handguns) to be registered and doesn't require registration (or even reporting for transfers between family members) for rifles and shotguns.

For revolvers DONT PULL THE HAMMER BACK .. sheesh no one ever watch the Lone Ranger ?

Thanks for your support

Really depends. My father's old .22 revolver requires it to be quarter cocked before you can rotate the cylinder to unload it with the push bar. Of course with revolvers I'd be a bit more comfortable storing loaded revolver than a loaded semi-automatic since revolvers either require it to be cocked (single action) or have a heavy pull (double action).

Of course the other question is, "How is injury defined?" I've had a firearm injury before (stupid damn slide on my Father's Beretta model 1934). No bullet holes yet, and it wasn't reported so I'm not a statistic anyways. Furthermore, what's the per capita injury rate, and how does that compare to, say, injuries and deaths due to automobiles?

The worst for me is the KelTec .380. It doesn't have a thumb guard and will take a chunk out of your thumb. Scope cut to the forehead, will require stitches. What about a hot shell casing stuck in a chicks bra? Could that be reported as a injury? It may not be an injury but it sure is fun to watch!

Are those registered owners or just CCW licenses? Let's also not forget that not all states require all firearms to be registered. California, for example, only requires "concealable firearms" (e.g. handguns) to be registered and doesn't require registration (or even reporting for transfers between family members) for rifles and shotguns.

These are only CHL licenses.

Really depends. My father's old .22 revolver requires it to be quarter cocked before you can rotate the cylinder to unload it with the push bar. Of course with revolvers I'd be a bit more comfortable storing loaded revolver than a loaded semi-automatic since revolvers either require it to be cocked (single action) or have a heavy pull (double action).

I thought a heavy pull was a obese patient on a steep incline. darn,

Edited by DFIB

I thought a heavy pull was a obese patient on a steep incline. darn,

rimshot.jpg

For the interest of those not familiar with firearms...

...but seriously, compare the pull of a double action, single action, and semiautomatic handgun. Complete difference between the double action and the others. The single action is safer than the semi because it has to be cocked first.

Edited by JPINFV

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.