Medics refuse to take service dog

HERBIE1

yeah, I know service animals are no pets, I`m just saying this this way to distinguish it from the argument about leaving someone`s cat behind

Finally someone "gets" me, and thank you, Vorenus.

You're hearing a lot of barking! You better go look for a well, because I'm pretty sure "Woof Woof" means Timmy has fallen down one.

I am smoking crack

WOOF WOOF, what is it lassie, are they giving me toradol instead of morphine

WOOF WOOF, what is it lassie, should I order chicken instead of turkey for my dinner

WOOF WOOF. what is it lassie, are they putting a foley in me

WOOF WOOF, what is it lassie, is there a special in the gift shop today

WOOF WOOF, what is it lassie, is there an unrestrained obese patient in the room with me

Just sayin'... bow-wow.

Someone is barking up the wrong tree.

OK, this changes my mind of forwarding a link to this string to the NFB chapter president, who doesn't use a guide dog, or the tresurer, who does.

A wise choice.

Pity, actually. Sometimes I share information from here with others who are not "city" members, and sometimes I post information from them.

Yes we get kinda silly on ocasion. It does change the perspective considerably to think that you would share with people who could be considered protagonist in the thread.

Sometimes we post to ilicit an emotional response and other times respond with emotion. Sometimes we use extreme hyperbole to get a point across or even weird metaphors. How harsh we must seem to the protagonist. Pity.

Edited by DFIB

Just take the freakin dog and be done with it. If it's a safety issue then that's one thing but serously, if you are that afraid of dogs, what the hell do you do when you have a patient in arrest and a dog comes in the room? Do you pack up because you are so afraid that since you don't know the dog he might attack? What about the little ankle biter who sits at the other side of the room under the chair growling and barking at you. Do you pack up and leave because of your fear that this dog might charge and bite you?

I've worked with pit bulls in the room all the while coding their owner, just keep the dog in your peripheral vision, have someone try to remove it and then continue working. I always keep a bottle of nitro spray in my pocket for just such a vicious dog, and I've had to use it twice.

But if this is not a service animal and the patient doesn't seem to qualify to have a service animal then the dog/cat/horse/mouse/or elephant get's left at the house. Simple as that.

If someone is so afraid of dogs or something that it affects their job performance then I don't want them on my ambulance. Sorry but someone had to say it.

I once was at a scene where someone was frozen to death. It was in the middle of the woods, he lived in some kind of garden shack. Deepest winter with alot of snow (walk up there was a pain the ass). Us and two LEO`s at the scene, plus the dude who found him. After like 10 mins, that dude throws in: "Oh, and I still haven`t found his dog, a german shepherd - he needs to be somewhere around here...".

Officer was afraid of dogs - hilarious look on his face when he heard that. Stading in the middle of the woods, in total darkness, right next to that dead guy - and hearing there`d be a dog strolling around. :o

When I was an animal trainer I found that many blacks that I worked with had an intense irrational fear of dogs, any dogs. I'm not completely sure why that was...

But, having that fear disqualifies them from working EMS in your eyes Ruffles?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.