I LOST my Knife.

tniuqs

After many years of trusted service I LOST MY GDamn KNIFE, a "Rescue One" by Meyerco, Blackie Collins designed blade.

Description:

About a 4 inch blade BLUNTED (screwdriver tip) great for prying, black handle and fairly thin with pocket clip. Half regular blade, half serrated, fold out one thumb, the Notch for O2 key in the blade, the hole for thumb and a Tungsten carbide window punch .. oh yeah I looked EVERYWHERE x 12 .....

Now for some of you, this blade was older than you its not made any-more, why NOT is beyond me !

I have looked on line and about the best replacement is the Gerber Rescue, but it does not have a blunt tip.

any ideas out there ... for a replacement .. ?

cheers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it perhaps left in a certain politician's chest cavity, by accident?

Nah. Blunt tip remember. That's where Squint lost his other knife. ;)

Looks like they still make it Squint.

http://www.discountcutlery.net/en-us/dept_24042.html

Ha Ha Ha ... you guys are real funny, <cough> and all unemployed comics looking for a better writers ... :clown:

ps Hells Bells I found that lantern its in my garage am holding for you, now HB If I had used it as a political device of conversation, I would know where I left the damn thing. <duh>

Thanks for the links, Ella I don't believe I have had the pleasure of

Welcoming you to EMT City please allow me the curtesy

Shalom .

I did goggled it myself, the blunt tip is more a broad head slot screwdriver type deal, and the "tumb slot" (omg I am working with way too many neuwfies) is a slot for an Oxygen Key shape, like the tanto blade in rockshoes link. I bought the "original" for $125 bucks back in the day it was very high quality not a 20 dollar knife although I could pick up a half dozen of those as X mas gifts, nice.

Now here is why THAT one its so important to me, on Sept 15 2011 as part of a really hot TEAM, WE resuscitated a 22 y/o that was in V fib when WE (ok the trunk monkeys) rescued his ass out of a "confined space" that knife was a serious tool in his survival, my partner got his harness and nomex off and pads on in a millisecond just like one of them X men, rock U dah man "B" and great CPR, hard and fast.

Because of ongoing investigation I can't say too much but "buddy" is out of hospital as they say a true save, the northern lights were spectacular that night, even as I am a true skeptic, one just has to wonder out loud. Lots of high 5's that night and no neurological deficits except for mild amnesia, could have been the versed ? We had trismus big time and no paralytics so.... bookoo dah benzo's.

:punk:

Squint's rule #32 ALWAYS CARRY A KNIFE !

Happi so don't go there or I may be forced to torture the entire membership with my adventure's to Marine World and stop laughing.</duh></cough>

edit for minor contextual changes.

Edited by tniuqs

Find a knife you like and take it to the grinder and make it how you want it. or find you a machine shop or welder that can make the O2 notch for you.

Yes its looking like a machinist is going to make a few bucks .. hey maybe I should built new ones entirely, it could be my million buck idea ?

cheers and thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.