RIP Chief

Happiness

We all have our patients that we have a little more compassion for, this holds very true in small communities. Iigaawas (ill-ja-wa) was our communities chief. He had suffered a long battle with cancer and passed on Sunday.

I have read many stories of the kindness we as medics do for our patients, and to be honest we dont always know how this impacts their lives.

This man was medivac about 6 weeks ago and returned about a week later. Through out his time in the hospital all he wanted was a hamburger. No one in his family or staff would get it for him. The day he was to come home he had mentioned it to the crew that was bringing him home. The medic left the room and returned with a burger in hand. On the way to the plane he enjoyed that burger like never before. Once he got on our tarmac it was the first story out of his mouth and it was the last story I heard from him. This small act of kindness made an old man so happy. Kudoo's to the medic and when I see you again I will make sure you know how much that hamburger really ment..............

My condolences to you and your department. RIP Chief!

We all have our patients that we have a little more compassion for, this holds very true in small communities. Iigaawas (ill-ja-wa) was our communities chief. He had suffered a long battle with cancer and passed on Sunday.

I have read many stories of the kindness we as medics do for our patients, and to be honest we dont always know how this impacts their lives.

This man was medivac about 6 weeks ago and returned about a week later. Through out his time in the hospital all he wanted was a hamburger. No one in his family or staff would get it for him. The day he was to come home he had mentioned it to the crew that was bringing him home. The medic left the room and returned with a burger in hand. On the way to the plane he enjoyed that burger like never before. Once he got on our tarmac it was the first story out of his mouth and it was the last story I heard from him. This small act of kindness made an old man so happy. Kudoo's to the medic and when I see you again I will make sure you know how much that hamburger really ment..............

Awesome story. That's just simple human kindness-we need more of that. It cost someone a couple bucks and like you said, made someone's final days a bit better.

Shake that medic's hand for me.

It is so encouraging to see acts of kindness by the people in our profession. I am glad the chief got what he wanted and in the scenario it occurred. Hugs to the medic if he is a chick and if he is a dude, well hug him too for me.

Condolences to your department.

Medics like the one you've described are exactly why, by some miracle, things have held together for so long in BC. Caring and compassion that goes above and beyond. Thank's for sharing Happiness.