Fire Chief's new ride

ERDoc

P. Zurich….

Excellent post man…

“When there’s a fire I need to get there fast.” What an amazingly ignorant line of bullshit to justify this nonsense. What possible advantage does he bring to getting to a fire fast in a sports car?

My apologies to the truly professional firemen and women out there, but too often this is the mentality. “I’m so friggin’ heroic I don’t need equipment. Just by showing up I save the day!”

Insanity. But the plus side, and believe it or not, there is a plus side. This type of behavior will start to show the public that the fire services have become so bloated and over financed that they can’t even take themselves seriously anymore. And that is long overdue.

Dwayne

Posted at the above link...awaiting moderation. Will be interesting to see if it makes the cut..

Dwayne,

Your post made it to the blog! :punk:

It is a Corvette blog however. If this was in a fire blog, it might not have made it. Maybe I'll link it to FIREcity (or whatever it is) just for shits and giggles.

• Like 1

Wow he gets to drive 80 miles a hour through town. He must feel special.

I'm sure if confronted over that statement he'd just say that it was a mis-statement and in his eagerness over his new car.

Personally I think that it's a STUPID Idea to have a car like that as his personal/official car.

Absolutely dumb. My Opel Corsa will make 80 mph, too, easyily, once he even made it to 120 mph (going downhill and with a lot of wind).

Someone needs to tell him, that the main criteria for rides with blue lights and sirens is not speed, but oversight and sense.

Edited by Vorenus

Am I the only one who noticed that the original article was a satire piece, and that the picture is photoshopped?

I mean, the last line in the link is "Check out the full tongue and cheek post of the Fire Chief’s new Corvette at capecodtoday".

• Like 1

Am I the only one who noticed that the original article was a satire piece, and that the picture is photoshopped?

I mean, the last line in the link is "Check out the full tongue and cheek post of the Fire Chief’s new Corvette at capecodtoday".

good catch CP I didn't catch it nor do I think anyone else. The tongue and cheek article is pretty darn funny.

I wonder how many nasty phone calls the fire department has gotten.

I did notice the link, though 'tongue and cheek' certainly doesn't mean that it's untrue. If you actually follow the link, which I didn't until you mentioned it, the original story is without a doubt crude and childish.

I'm no Photoshop expert, so no, I didn't notice that it was Photoshopped if it in fact was.

Dwayne