Hello

NY2TX

Hello,

Been in EMS since '02 where I spent my first six years in EMS in the Pittsburgh area. While there I went from EMT to Paramedic then in '06 I moved back to the Long Island, got NYC REMAC credentialed, and been working critical care transports for over four years now.

In the next couple of months I'll be moving again as I've begun the process of looking for a new job . . . in Texas. Strangely, I've been thinking about Texas since I was in medic class oh so long ago and now am finally making the move. I've put in over two dozen apps/resumes over the past couple of weeks and will continue to do so as I play the waiting game.

*fingers crossed*

Ny2tx, welcome to the city AND to Texas. Any particular place you are looking?

Thank you.

Actually, I WAS looking down by the Corpus Christi area (Rockport-Fulton to be exact--I'm in love with the area) but there seems to be few and far places to work down there. I was told Aransas County had lost 2 medics a couple weeks ago so I sent my resume and a app but no reply even to a follow-up email.

So I might end up elsewhere as I can't just "live off the land." Only areas I haven't placed any apps/resumes yet is west of Austin (El Paso, Odessa, Amarillo, Midland, Lubbock, etc.)

Edited by NY2TX

May I recommend that you pick up the phone and call to find out information on upcoming hiring processes? Even better, if you are in the area, dropping in is never a bad thing, especially for smaller services.

If you can swing it, you should come to the Texas EMS Conference scheduled the week of Thanksgiving to do some face-to-face networking.

Also, I here Abilene (Taylor County?) is now hiring.

Toni

Edited by tcripp

I think that Corpus Christi is a good choice...I saw online that there is a big push there now with the goal to have 50+ percent of the residents wearing shoes within 5 years. Lofty I know, but hey...people need to dream..

Dwayne

I think that Corpus Christi is a good choice...I saw online that there is a big push there now with the goal to have 50+ percent of the residents wearing shoes within 5 years. Lofty I know, but hey...people need to dream..

Dwayne

:lol:

If you can swing it, you should come to the Texas EMS Conference scheduled the week of Thanksgiving to do some face-to-face networking.

I would love to but there's no way I'd be able to get out of work for that weekend.

Also, by Abilene I take it you're referring to MetroCare? Looking it up I saw an article from July that said that the city was proposing to drop Metro to have their own Fire Department to take over the 9-1-1 service.

Also, by Abilene I take it you're referring to MetroCare? Looking it up I saw an article from July that said that the city was proposing to drop Metro to have their own Fire Department to take over the 9-1-1 service.

Not MetroCare...but the new 911 service.

Edited by tcripp

Dwayne

Who needs shoes when you live on the beach

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.