BS calls

PCP

Yes I consider a false call a BS call, that is why I typed (except for False calls).  That patient you describe is truly in need, it is the healthcare system that is letting that patient down, be part of the solution and get him/her the help they need; when you choose to take on the role of taxi cab driver instead of medical professional, that is your problem, not the patient's.Sure there is a difference between volly and paid.  You are paid to respond to ambulance calls (not just the calls you deem legitimate), a volunteer who is volunteering their time and gasoline has a right to be upset at an abuser.   Similar to the electrician issue, the paid electrician has no reason to be upset, myself on the other hand (in the role of relative or friend) has a right to be upset if I drove 60 miles to your house and wasted my time because you were to dumb to check the box.P.S.  If your system is not properly staffed to handle your call volume, then that is your service's fault (your Director, corporation, and/or elected officials).

Edited by flamingemt2011
  • Like 1

As much as I hate doing rubbish jobs or dealing with people's bullshit and think some people should be put down (I think its just human nature) I can't help but say there really is no such thing as a BS job. Some bloke who wants a lift home (literally) is a bit of an exception but some parent with a kid who has the sniffles at 1am or whatever y'know I suppose we can't really fault them for ringing up.

Getting called out for "feeling" cold, in an otherwise healthy patient who just forgot his jacket, is definately BS. And no way would I have driven him home, @PCP.

Don`t know what you`re being told over there, but I would never have thought of calling an ambulance without heavy bleeding or something physically not looking like it used to be, as a child.

What I consider as a BS call are those calls, that are freaking ovious just some kind of service action (I`m cold, , etc.) and in cases where the patient is able to identify that there`s no ambulance needed, but calls anyway ("It`s been hurting since 3 weeks", "I cut my finger" (not amputated), etc...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.