BS calls

PCP

Yeah that was a great idea. I think only 3, perhaps 4 actually passed and 2 of them didn't pass the first time. I'll talk more about that privately. Pisses me off, longer term employees, EMT's, can't get paid final practicums but (I will ramble on about this forever if I keep going at this point).

Privately .. perfect .. I do have rhum set aside for that debate ! :wub: you call me but you never show :ph34r:

​Oh letters were written in that regard rest assured, the entire concept of a provincial body accepting that federal grant when there was never any mandate by the membership or even knowledge of the application, this especially when health care system is a provincial responsibility in delivery and interpretation of Canada Health guidelines, got some issues myself about that, deal.

If I do the math with those random numbers of just rumour that would be 1.4 million ??? plus the 80000.00 in grants to a special facility for immigration developed, that's rather an expensive proposition per individual, this when my kids don't get any breaks on their tuitions ?

http://www.timuppal.ca/news.aspx?pID=921 is the MLA responsible, he has still to answer letter's and questions most curious the nationality in this topic .. omg not PC of me, again <shucks>

dearest Siffilass: the last time I will shred for buzz kill alone and demonstrate any support a flamingemt .. as the second after I posted, he in his wisdom chose to disrespect 11/11/11 2011 .. very poor judgment, yet I can forgive him he's just on the very sharp portion of the leaning curve.

Perhaps someone paved over him while he was entering the curve ?

You think ? LMFAO !

We had an extra medic for each batallion every day, and those extras floated all over the county to cover holes, if there were none, they took the mobile supervisors place so that they could do office work.

Need I highlight more ?

In closing perhaps we should do what is right not political correct and count the beans before we plant them. ... IMHO.

cheers

In closing perhaps we should do what is right not political correct and count the beans before we plant them. ... IMHO.

cheers

As in evaluate what we have before trying to grow it? What kind of crazy prairie farmer logic is that? ;)

Pink Eye....by a young adult male, while his friends with vehicles played Xbox and he was ambulatory to meet us (while smoking a cig)....

He was actually pissed because his friends were hogging his Xbox...

Tell me that is not BS.

I wont tell you how it ended or what I said ........... but it wasnt pretty

Person called 9-1-1.... at 0500 to request transport, by ambulance for a sleep study at a hospital over 150 miles away, because (the person) couldn't sleep. A rural, off the beaten path, hey we have an ambulance on hand, ambulance service. Not a transport service. There was no appointment, the person was winging it, that they'd magically get a special sleep study, by showing up in an ambulance. I told the patient that they'd have to pay the full fee up front, plus half of the mileage before; and the rest upon arrival. Never called back.

BTW.. This is my 3000th post.

• Like 1

Pink Eye....by a young adult male, while his friends with vehicles played Xbox and he was ambulatory to meet us (while smoking a cig)....

He was actually pissed because his friends were hogging his Xbox...

Tell me that is not BS.

I wont tell you how it ended or what I said ........... but it wasnt pretty

Prime example.

Person called 9-1-1.... at 0500 to request transport, by ambulance for a sleep study at a hospital over 150 miles away, because (the person) couldn't sleep. A rural, off the beaten path, hey we have an ambulance on hand, ambulance service. Not a transport service. There was no appointment, the person was winging it, that they'd magically get a special sleep study, by showing up in an ambulance. I told the patient that they'd have to pay the full fee up front, plus half of the mileage before; and the rest upon arrival. Never called back.

BTW.. This is my 3000th post.

Another prime example.

Congrats on 3000 btw :)

No appointment, a 150 mile trip, for a sleep study with no appointment? Just with no appointment for the study, that went to heavy on "BOGUS' on the BS meter. I say this, as having had 3 such studies related to my Acute Sleep Apnea, all by appointment (even the first 2 with the technician doing the test in my house!).

We get this no-appoinment shit alot.

Most frequently with alcoholics, who, in the middle of the night, randomly decide it`s time to stop (great thing in the first place, but mostly it`s just a result of a drunken thought-process they don`t give the shit about the next day - or the next hour). They phone the psychiatric department to get a place for rehab - which they don`t without an appointment or a doc`s refferal in the most cases.

So they phone us as the fancy taxi. If that doesn`t work (only for the reason of an unappointed refferal without a real emergency), they just say they want to kill themselfs - because then, we need to take them in any case.

We'd had a lot of problems with that patient. The patient was "needy", not poor needy, clingy-needy. A drama queen, attention whore to fit the description to the t. Several trips, dispatched as emergencies, we'd get half way to the hospital; and the patient would just totally flip-the-f**k-out, and burst into tears. Not crying, dramatically bawling, I can't even describe it. Howling. To go back home. Once we just pulled over and called for police; a couple times we reasoned with the person. Then, we'd get back, maybe an hour would go by and they would dispatch us to go back and get the patient. ER's aren't close by, they aren't around the corner. Dispatch to Available, it's 2.5-3hrs. We don't do returns. The last time we went there, for an emergency call, pulled the same shit. Started howling, crying, that we needed to talk (the patient) into going, because (the patient) couldn't decide. I just called the state police. Offered to transport to the nearest Behavioral Sciences Unit, and the patient declined.

I say the patient, etc, instead of him/her/it on purpose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.