I must be in the right place...

Greetings,

This site was recommended by a collegue. I have been wandering aimlessly through posts to get a feel for things. Having recently read the pros and cons thread it looks like I am in the right place and I will check my ego at the door! I have been working EMS for 12 years and have been a paramedic for 7. My experience is mostly rural where I have always worked full time EMS and have had the great fortune to be somewhat busy. Rural has always appealed to me because I enjoy working with the doctors, nurses, lab and x-ray to stabilize, then long transports to primary centres. I do miss the sharpness that came from working in the city where calls were more of a reflex; now I have to think my way through calls and con ed has become critically important.

I have been working industrial for the past 3 years and I have to admit that I enjoy it most of the time. The urban services seem to be limiting paramedics practice recently and industrial is expanding it... It is an exciting time to be in EMS.

• Like 2

Dear WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot:

Firstly the traditional welcome to EMT CITY, very pleased you have jumped on board, er got off your bloody backside and signed in ... seriously we need more with the gusto you have, for Pre Hospital Medicine,

this is the start of journey that you will never regret .. lots of talent and a world wide perspective of EMS here and some bite.

I certainly hope your "back to back" i.e an offshore term will join this party of dysfunctional yet mildly demented group.

Should I point out your not in a forest your in the "SKEG !" young grasshopper, for those reading Whiskey is one of "those" I am attempting to recruit to the dark side, he's just the first of a few that will be joining the "festivities" :punk:

I look forward to your first post and don't think for one minute I will be nice to you :rolleyes:

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the great welcome Whiskey is going to be a rockstar Para .. just like his back to back, great attitudes and wicked smart.

Bloody hell turnip i thought you were recruiting me eh :D

Welcome

Funny lil bird We cant get you to shut UP !

ROFLMAO!

I have been wasting a spectacular amount of time on this site, learning both educationally and a touch of humility. There are some damned smart people here and few with some spectacular credentials.

@ Dwayne, I have seen alot of posts form you, thank you for the welcome, and I am pretty sure we are going to bet along just fine!

Turnip, I am trying to keep a low profile for awhile until I have felt my way through here a bit and figured the personalities, but you I know, and it is so on. I blatantly stole my name from a post I saw on here and I intend to live up to the name! :wtf:

Kiwi, we will have some fun, likely at tniuqs's expense!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.