Should we be afraid?

Quakefire

Ahh...yeah, a note on my post.

I didn't mean to imply that if you didn't use your own name that you or your posts were less honest or valuable, only to explain why I made the choice for myself.

Now, that did almost get me jammed up once. Anyone remember that guy that got ass hurt over one/some of my posts and started threatening to come to my home to 'see if I'm that brave in person."? He would send me those threatening PMs and then I would post them in the public threads and he'd get even more pissed? He'd send a new PM telling me what terrible things would happen if I didn't keep them private, and then I'd post those and he'd just friggin come unwound...weird.

That was a little freaky, but even though, I feel the same, for me, not in my impression of the group.

Dwayne

Ahh...yeah, a note on my post.

I didn't mean to imply that if you didn't use your own name that you or your posts were less honest or valuable, only to explain why I made the choice for myself.

Now, that did almost get me jammed up once. Anyone remember that guy that got ass hurt over one/some of my posts and started threatening to come to my home to 'see if I'm that brave in person."? He would send me those threatening PMs and then I would post them in the public threads and he'd get even more pissed? He'd send a new PM telling me what terrible things would happen if I didn't keep them private, and then I'd post those and he'd just friggin come unwound...weird.

That was a little freaky, but even though, I feel the same, for me, not in my impression of the group.

Dwayne

I think you have been in the land of the Mongols long enough to start getting sentimental.

No worries about me brother, I’m picking up what you are throwing down.

Edited by DFIB

It's a scary world out their kids.

Do a google search of you name and see what pops up. whether it's in a newspaper article , or sports event , or tv coverage of an event, or comments you made at a town meeting, the volume of hits tied to your name is scary.

While I don't use my name here, it would not take a whole lot of sleuthing to find me by my profile.

another site I do use my name.

I have nothing to fear from anyone knowing who I am , or what my feelings or thoughts are on any subject.

The only person I have to answer to is my wife of 37 years.

• Like 1

I googled my own name and was 10 pages into the results and still hadn't found anything related to me. That being said, yes. You do have to worry. There are news stories every so often about people losing their jobs because of actions taken online and, oftentimes, on their own time.

Dwayne, don't take my post as being directed at you. We were posting at the same time.

Gotcha Doc.

And for the record, I don't have a homophobic bone in my body...but your friggin avatar is freaking me out!

Dwayne

Gotcha Doc.

And for the record, I don't have a homophobic bone in my body...but your friggin avatar is freaking me out!

Dwayne

What do you have against Vanilla Ice? He gave us white boys from suburbia hope that we could be cool.

What do you have against Vanilla Ice? He gave us white boys from suburbia hope that we could be cool.

And here's me thinking this guy was your hero:

doogie_howser_md-show.jpg

Now he was seriously cool......... :wtf:

Edited by WelshMedic

If you have your pic or your real name it would be wise to at least watch what you post. In one of my fire science classes we were discussing how many employers now look online for any social media profiles. Needless to say the guy with the beer and a lampshade on his head is automatically at a disadvantage from say someone with a family photo or even something like a car. On the other hand I see what Dwayne is saying. If you say something online or not you should stand behind it. Just know that what is done online will stay with you...forever.

• Like 2