call volume

kyle308

Just wondering, and I searched but couldn't find a topic (who knows maybe I just suck at searching haha.) what everyones call volume is like in the area they work, as in number of runs service wide,and number of runs your EMS unit does.

In Indy there are approx 140,000 medical runs each year.

I work on medic 11 we do 12 hour shifts, and average around 10-12runs a shift. putting us at about 6800 calls a year.

Edited by kyle308

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My (since yesterday) former service did 1800 calls a year.... 12h shifts with additonal 12h "standby-service". Average call load is 3 calls per 24hours... I broke the record this year with 19 calls... :thumbsdown:

Approx 22K per year, Our sevice area for each unit is pretty diverse so calls per shift is highly variable. We have both 12 and 24 hour shifts. The most I have ever worked in a 24 here is 18 (the most ever I have worked is 23 at another serivce). I woud say that between 6 and 10 calls a 24 hour shift is average during the winter months (except for the first ice on the highway days, which are stupid busy) and bewteen 8 and 15 during the summer months.

4200 per year / 350 per month

950 sq miles / 4 units

approximately 23 calls per 48 hr shift / roughly 6 calls per unit/shift

some units run more than others but it's not predicable, so that's the best I can give you and we rotate stations every month

Last shift, at the busiest station in our county, we ran 1 IFT and 4 911 calls / total of 8 patients

Somewhere between 2700 and 2800 calls a year between two units at my usual station. We have a massive coverage area so transport times range anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour, typically without ALS back-up (PCP falls somewhere around EMT-I for SOP).

Edited by rock_shoes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.