books needed for paramatic schools-sorry im not a instuctor

bolemiss

i just finished my EMT-B school and im a firefighter also but my im wantinh to buy parametics school books to to read and get a head start before i start that course next aug can anyone help me with a list of books needed for the metic course :icecream::mobile:

Only thing I can suggest is talk to the school you are planning on going to and get a list of books you need and look online at Chapters if there is one in your area or what ever large book store you have and they can order them in for you possibly cheaper than purchasing them through the college.

Good luck on your adventure!

Do you live in the United States? If so, it appears you may have some language issues. You may be better off taking developmental classes prior to starting paramedic school. While much of the curriculum is not particularly advanced in terms of using language, terminology and so on, you may be at a significant disadvantage. I am not trying to be hurtful; however, I would hate to see you set up to fail due to inadequate linguistic prowess.

i was rushing to type the message while trying to put 2 kids to bed a 3year old and a 10 month old sorry bro

but i do see were you are coming from and im all about feed back in makes a person learn and do better

• Like 1

i was rushing to type the message while trying to put 2 kids to bed a 3year old and a 10 month old sorry bro

but i do see were you are coming from and im all about feed back in makes a person learn and do better

Good then, I'll help you out with this reply as I have put my 3 to bed.

I was rushing to type the message while trying to put 2 kids to bed, a 3year old, and a 10 month old, sorry bro.

But I do see were you are coming from and I'm all about feed back, it makes a person learn and do better.

It would be helpful if you took a college level A&P course to start. Not only will it put you're brain in "student" mode, but will give you the best foundation possible to build your degree program on.

Edited by mobey

As far as books your class list is best to go off of. However, one book I purchased on my own and still pull out til this day is "Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, 6th Ed., Dale Dubin. I'm more of a cardiac kind of girl. Kudos on deciding to further your education:)

You have until next august for medic school

Good deal.

Here is what you should do.

Enroll in either a university or a community college.

Take the following courses

College level A&P

College algebra

English composition

underwater basket weaving (that's a freebie)

and a physical fitness class.

Get those classes under your belt and you will be way way way ahead of the game.

Good luck

An instructor friend of mine were just discussing the best "library" that could be built that didn't include a paramedic text book. Thought I'd share...

• 48.47 Huszar's Basic Dysrhythmias and Acute Coronary Syndromes: Interpretation and Management
  • 72.14 Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensie Study Guide
  • 49.05 Harrison's Manual of Medicine, 17th Edition
  • 30.59 DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, Ninth Edition
  • 106.38 Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Tim Phelan and Barb Aehlert's The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes

The prices listed just happen to be Amazon.com pricing when I was doing my original research.

Toni

An instructor friend of mine were just discussing the best "library" that could be built that didn't include a paramedic text book. Thought I'd share...

• 48.47 Huszar's Basic Dysrhythmias and Acute Coronary Syndromes: Interpretation and Management
  • 72.14 Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensie Study Guide
  • 49.05 Harrison's Manual of Medicine, 17th Edition
  • 30.59 DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, Ninth Edition
  • 106.38 Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Tim Phelan and Barb Aehlert's The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes

The prices listed just happen to be Amazon.com pricing when I was doing my original research.

Toni

You must have been talking with Mr. Gandy.