Where can I find a PHTLS class that is LOCAL?

medic4Him

Hi. I am a medic and new to this site. I need to find a PHTLS class close to Dallas. The only ones I can find are way down south by San Antonio. I want one close to the Dallas area. All of the online classes dont offer a card. I need the actual card. Anyone know anything?

Had a look at the NAEMT website and didn't see any close to Dallas, just San Antonio as you said. Sorry I can't help you. Perhaps you could contact them and see if they plan on holding one soon close to Dallas.

Sometimes though, we just have to travel to get the certifications required for our jobs. I know it sucks some times, but one does what they have to.

Edited by JakeEMTP

Might contact one of the PHTLS instructors and see if they would be willing to just do the skills portion since you can do the classroom portion on-line now.

That's a good point. A couple of years ago a friend of mine and myself hired one of the instructors from the local community college to teach a private class, as we were both on leave from Afg at the time.

I think he charged us $150 or so each. I made it clear that I didn't want it pencil whipped so over three days we recerted in PHTLS, PALS (not needed but we both wanted it) and ACLS. Not too expensive for us, considering it was done on our schedule and private, and the instructor did pretty friggin' well too.

I'm confident that I could have found one to pencil whip it for the same money or less...but what kind of a loser chooses to ignore continuing education? Wait a minute....It seems I may have read something somewhere......?

Dwayne

I'm confident that I could have found one to pencil whip it for the same money or less...but what kind of a loser chooses to ignore continuing education? Wait a minute....It seems I may have read something somewhere......?

Dwayne

All you need is to go to Mass and get recerted without ever being there.!!!!

Thanks everyone for the info. I called NAEMT and they said all they have is whats on the website. I think I may have found one in the city I live in but it is not until December. But thats ok, I guess I can wait. Where i work now they want me to have it ASAP but I can currently work without it. Just so long as I have ACLS and the basics which I do. I found this website in my search for a class. It looks pretty cool. So, hello to all of my fellow EMS brothers and sisters!

If you can find out who your local training sites are, go ask them. They may have something in mind, but just not official yet.

I have one local for me who seems to only put on a class when they start hearing of interest. Interesting approach to setting up training...but it currently works for them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.