For you Dwayne straight from the GOM!

BlueSkies

Hello boys and girls I have been here prior but its been so long I couldn't even figure out what old email address I used!!!

Dwayne, you know who you are lol, I am assuming they have internet connections in Mongolia. We need to take a vacation to the Rockies when you get back over to the real world.

So I am a paramedic and I am working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. I have worked as a Flight Paramedic for the University of Tennessee and also on the ground as a Street Medic, Rescue Technician. I have always specialized in Techical Rope Rescue. High angle rescue is where my heart truly lies.

I have been in this business since I was 17 years old and I recently turned the ripe old age of 36. I am still young at heart and 40 is the new 30 so I am really 26!!!

I don't have much knowledge and very little craft but I can BS with the best of them and I am a Google Expert so feel free to ask me anything you want! If I can't tell you the truth at least I can Google an interesting lie!

Take care my brothers/sisters in arms!

Gulfmedic9538

Welcome!!! Sounds like you will fit, well back into place! I was in the same boat but happened to remember my old password.

Hey GM, I get the distinct feeling that I know you off of the City? If so, send me your name in PM, would you? Or here if you're comfortable....

Welcome back! And yeah, this is being typed from Mongolia, so y'all don't get off the hook so easy.

Good to have you back man..

Dwayne

Ahhhh good sir how dare you not know who this is just by the title of the post. Geesh...the food so bad in Mongolia that you're brain is malnurished lol its Eric from the SMS silly silly boy...I had to find some way to keep up with brother!!

LOL..I see you now! Holy shit! How cool to have you here man...Have you posted in a while?

Guys, this is Eric. We met during my time on the oil spill. And though I worked with probably 100 different medics down there, he's one of maybe a half dozen that I came to respect as a truly comitted remote medic and understood what that meant. (Not including myself in that list as most were much stronger providers than me.)

Man Eric, it's good to have you here. I hope that you'll participate, we could use another opinion from a good provider here. And if you can sort them out from the bullshit that sometimes buries any forum, we've got some truly smart, intelligent, kind, committed folks here.

Admin is a rock star when it comes to letting us go our own way until it becomes obvious that it's not working. It's a fun and easy way to stay current.

Are you home, or out on the rig?

Dwayne

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I look forward to posting my humble opinion and silly insights on here. Don't let Dwayne fool you though, he was one of the best paramedics we had working for us on the spill. He is truly commited to being a compassionate practitioner and he also quickly became a great friend to me and others.

I actually am offshore right now. I just came back on tower this past Tuesday. Got another 12 days to go before I finally get a 14 day break. It has been crazy here. I have worked a couple of 21/7 hitches lately due to my relief taking classes and working extra to help out during our annual shut in. Its been an absolute blast out here and you know me good sir, I will take the lemons that life gives me, borrow some Patron and steal someone's salt shaker....THEN ITS A PARTY!!!

LOL...Eric.

It's good to hear. You still have that really good job? Hell, another 21/7 you should be able to retire and just let that pretty girl support you....

Speaking of Patron'....Maybe we should work on a visit one of these days.

I'm 28/28 now, and may be screwed up through the holiday season as they've all been promised to my b/b, which I would have offered anyway. But lets try and put something together?

Hey, I'm going to try and make it to the EMS convention in Texas in Nov..any chance you could make it there?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.