your thoughts.

basejump

It sucks?

Not busting your balls man, but I'm not sure what you're looking for. There's really no information other than the fact that those investigating either chose/or were forced to release a news statement admitting that they are/were investigating a Dr.s office for questionable biological control practices in some way.

What is it that you're looking for?

Dwayne

I wonder what the good practice breach was? Not enough information to make a opinion.

I wonder if he was a dentist? Some dentist have very poor biological control practices.

2 or 3 years ago, the VA issued an alert and contacted all patients (including my husband) that had undergone prostate biopsy. Instructions for the sterilization of the biopsy needle (that is passed through the rectum) were deficient. Thousands of veterans had been exposed to all the nasty germs. Sterilization procedures were corrected and all affected patients that had been identified and consented to the followup were tested (and still being tested). As far as I know, no instances of infection due to this issue have been identified.

Thus, a problem comes to light and the health agency follows up with rigorous procedures to minimize the harm. That's as it should be.

• Like 1

Mistakes happen... as long as the agencies involved follow proper follow-up procedure, I don't see a huge issue. The food industry is now combating the Listeria problems... every industry has it's OOPS! moments, it is how it is handled after the fact that is the issue at question. As long as it is quickly and effectively managed... it is what it is.

In the US I worked at a medicaid clinic about 20 years ago. We had OSHA and some other inspector that I can't remember who he was with stop by at least once a year. I just remember that everyone was scared of them. We never really had any big deficiencies but then again we were on top of our game. Those dudes would go through everything, charts, lab, autoclave, all equipment, procedures and protocols. I always tried to take them to lunch wich they declined. Pretty honest guys.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.