CE on PPE/BSI

tcripp

Recently, I sat through a (yet again) horrid/boring CE on PPE. Not the first one, but hopefully the last. Before our service has to do this again next year, I'm hoping to put together a quick/succinct/compelling training session.

Does anyone out there have one they use that isn't boring, keeps your staff's attention and gets the point across? If so, will you share?

Appreciate anything!

Toni

Everyone I have seen is boring.

You should just do your own class so you can control the enviroment. I am sure that it would be more enjoyable for you and the listners as well.

Gotcha, I think you could write your own curriculum and presentations with ease. But to your original post I have not seen a lot of different PPE presentations. Good luck.

Only way I have ever done it is with humor.

There are some good pics out there of boogers flying during a sneeze, as well as a "mist cloud" around a person wearing a nebulizer.

One instructor I had emphasised the terms "Don" and "Doff" for putting the stuff on, and taking it off again. He joked that that was the wording they told him to use.

This, in a city where many, including the LEOs themselves, joke that at the PD Academy, they have an all day class in pronouncing the word "Perpetrator" as "Poipitrator".