Patient Advocate

medicgirl05

ohhh well in that case ill take a smoked brisket with a side of sauce and potato salad...

hlpp, please do not "preach" about professionalism...........many people on here have a vast experience in these type of Pts

if you only do 4-6 of these transports a month, then maybe your company is on the minority of the experience level of ones protrayed on this site.

as for equipment, paramedics an only work with whats supplied, be it 500lbs or 750lbs stretchers, so there is no prblem there.

but back toprofessionalism......its not professional to:

* place a patient on a matteress on the floor of the ambulance, especially if the Pt was not an emergency Tx

* NOT wait to use the CORRECT transport option for the patient

* to misrepresent your self as either older or younger on the site and then preach about your experience

* place an avatar that shows no professionality or managerial leadership quailities (do as I say not as I do) such as the one you have

as for bariatric units check...... www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au

craig

• Like 2

The point is that I am following your logic. If I agree with you that these patients should never be transported on the floor, I wonder why most 911 services transport them that way. I am sure in the larger cities there is "1" bariatric truck in every surrounding county, but I do not think that is the case in the rural areas and poorer states.

So to ensure patient safety, every ambulance should be mandated to be bariatric, as it would not make sense to make a critical obese patient to wait on the bariatric truck to come from the next county over. Right ?

Are you comparing your glorified taxi with real 911 transports? This patient was going to a rehab center. She could have waited for appropriate equipment to move her. You sound like your 22 years of experience comes from the privates....I'm impressed with your knowledge of billing, scamming medicare, and being a douchey manager.

• Like 1