Taking this really hard...

Asysin2leads

AK I am so embarrassed by my fellow countryman's past comment so if you would be so kind to allow me ......

Dear a noob Canadian Paramedic DOOGs firstly a welcome, I believe "we" have perhaps met from CPW ? This very out of character for you and stepping into an area of honour after just 4 posts on this site, to the my band of my brothers is serious folly at this juncture.

I have held my brother Rob in my arms, as, I was one of the privileged few that knew from initial dx what the final outcome would be, the memories of those few days and end of life discussions are mine and Robs alone. Never to be discussed, except that I am most proud that Rob chose the path he did .. he climbed a Mount Everest every day. I too as the many others am seriously fucked up / messed up by this announcement, its been many, many years waiting for Bledsoe's dreaded notification. I know that my brother AK too was aware, but HE deals with lifes challenges in his "own way" as he is his own man and I am honoured to call HIM my friend.

BUT I am soooo displeased with your post, Doog, yet a thank you as my deep sorrow has changed to serious teeth clenching anger, so thank your <insert your great spirit> that I am not anywhere close to you this minute as my Scottish heritage coping mechanism's are not any where near as refined as AKflightmedic.

I am most pleased to bring to you one of my most favourite biblical quote's so you may pick up what I am laying down, well, that is if you are a religious man.

Ezekiel 25:17 (eh). (somewhat amended) The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak minded through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper (or in this case, the village idiots helper) and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison, disrespect and dis my brothers opinions out of unadulterated ignorance .... And you will know I am the Squinter when I lay my vengeance upon YOU!

cheers :whistle:

• Like 3

Dusty may be "still stirring the pot", but, as I indicated on another thread, that "stirring" provoked a number of us to rethink a good number of EMS issues.

Amen brother. I wish I had the wit and wisdom to come up with a reply that would be befitting of that too.

• Like 1

Back before Admin changed the chatroom (back when we still had voice/video chat), and before the demise of my external hard drive, Dust and I spent many hours discussing music; and reliving all the ‘good tunes’ and the memories that they held for us. To say that his musical interests were eclectic at best is an understatement, (knowing Rob like a lot of us do, is this REALLY any great surprise?)

Doogs,

How DARE you come into OUR ‘house’ and start casting aspersions based on YOUR belief system! You condemn AK for his beliefs (or in your opinion, lack thereof), and insinuate that YOUR beliefs are the ONLY way to find peace and comfort in these sad times.

How can you say that AK’s beliefs aren’t the ‘right way’, and imply that he’s a heathen because he doesn’t believe in the same higher power that you do?

One can only conclude that since you’re so willing to castigate AK, that you are in fact, a religious person. That being said, let me provide a couple of bible verses that are extremely relevant and important at this point.

Philippians 2:12-15

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Matthew 7:1-3:

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Revelation 22:18-19:

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Yeah LS but in a Samuel Jackson voice my 'verse' is way cooler <grin>

In my best Will Smith voice:

The difference between you and me, is that I make this shit look GOOD!

I'm disappointed that AK chose to use this thread to spew his negative opinions on religion. There is certainly a better time & place for this type of "discussion".

Manure stinks, is not pleasant to deal with and can leave unpleasant lingering effects. But spread it on your flowerbed and see what happens - in season. Life is like that - $hit happens that isn't nice but if we accept it as part of what will eventually makes our lives richer, it can give us hope.

Hang in there.

Doogs for this post and I don't know you from Adam or Joe blow but you are a tool.

• Like 4

Thanks for the support, but this is not about me, let us not forget the man who posted the original thread and who the original thread was about. How is our OP doing? I am doing ok, but are we there for Asys? Anyone chatting with him?

Hang tight everyone... I had the lucky opportunity to talk with Dusty on numerous occasions about music, texas, living with a debilitating disease that you know will only get worse, and just life and living it with as much positivity and happiness.

I think Dust would want us all to hang tight together, weather this storm like we have every other, and continue to educate those who are in this field. Push those around us to pursue more knowledge and experience, and have fun with EMS. Love what you do and why you do it.

We often spoke after my decision to leave EMS due to health reasons, and his constant push to keep my mind focused on what I wanted to do with my experience and knowledge is why I am where I am today.

Let's not have drama, let's not have conflict, let's just all support each other. Anyone who knew either personally or internet Dust is suffering right now at the loss of a great life, we can do something positive out of this though.

Thanks everyone. I'm doing better. I still have a few moments of regret for missing out on time with Rob, but I'm coping. Plus my wife bought me a new set of skis and politely informed me that if that doesn't do something to put me in a better mood she's going to mail me to Peru.

• Like 1